Sayla Connu?

Started by dandelO, September 27, 2010, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

"No, sorry. It's 'Sarah Connor', actually. You must have the wrong woman. B'bye for now, Sir!" ... ... "Hey! Nice clothes and boots! And, oh-my! Is that your motorcycle as well? You don't... I mean, I don't suppose, you fancy a coffee, do you, Sir? Oh! What big muscles you have!" ...

Had some fun throwing my friend, Sarah's, new boyfriend around the living room. Don't worry, I'm fine. 'Tis but a scratch.

[attachimg=#]

Cheers! :)

Volker Harun

Good one ... I like the eyes' texture!

Zairyn Arsyn

cool awesome!  8)
this is one of my favorite series.
the font even fits the render too!
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

choronr

So you are really the Bionic Man.

Kadri

Nice! How long did it render , DandelO ?

dandelO

Too long, Kadri. ;)
I made 2 final renders for it, one with the clouds and the tarnished robot with RTE and AA of 6 max samples and GI of 3/3, left it running last night, it was over 4 hours!
This morning, I rendered the robot again, on it's own, with cloud reflections only and no 'scrape' shaders on the body, that took under 30 minutes with AA 6 1/4 samples and GI 4/4.
I layered the smooth robot over the dirty one afterwards and erased at it to let some of the scrapes through.

Kadri

I didn't thought that you used 2 renders for the image !
Thanks , DandelO  :)

dandelO

The one with the dirty robot was too noisy all over, it didn't look like nice reflections at all.

Kadri

Quote from: dandelO on September 27, 2010, 07:45:06 PM
The one with the dirty robot was too noisy all over, it didn't look like nice reflections at all.

I see ! Is it a TG2 thing ? I haven't tried many things with TG2 yet. Can we blur reflections on objects.
Would this or some other way made the noisy object look better , DandelO ?

Edit : Found this   http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=7109.msg75712#msg75712
        "(Terragen really isn't the best renderer to be doing complex reflections with, anyway Wink )"
        Reflections can be problematic it seems as like some other renderer's too of course  ;)

dandelO

It was more down to the fractal's effect on the surface really, fractals are quite erratic. I'll post a couple of shots of how different they were...

Here's a scraped one as it came out of the renderer, you can see his nose is broken and the lower half is really noisy. All the faults are from the small-scale fractal scratch shader. You might notice, the scratches are quite symmetrical, too:
[attachthumb=#]

dandelO

And here's the completely smooth one, looks great but, not like it's been through battle and fire. And, he still has a nose: ;)

[attachthumb=#]

jbest

Gosh! Who made that robot?
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

dandelO

freelancah

Doomsday is upon us! :run: