bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

Cheers Ogre!!!!

I knew I had seen these somewhere....doh!!!

:)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jaf

Speaking of Poseray....

I noticed there's a new beta version on the download page at: http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

It might be good for those of us that use it with Terragen to download it and use it to see if the developer hasn't made changes that will negatively effect our obj->tg workflow. I did a quick test and it seems to work the same as the current release (as far as obj prep for tg.)
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

bobbystahr

Quote from: jaf on April 14, 2011, 01:10:56 PM
Speaking of Poseray....

I noticed there's a new beta version on the download page at: http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

It might be good for those of us that use it with Terragen to download it and use it to see if the developer hasn't made changes that will negatively effect our obj->tg workflow. I did a quick test and it seems to work the same as the current release (as far as obj prep for tg.)
Well I dl'd it and it still won't handle a model with a ton of parts in the parts list...tried bout 5 of my huge models and none would re group by texture if they load and a few woulddn't even get past building the display list. That's as it was and the one thing that really needed fixing IMHO....will explore more, maybe they've fixed up the U/V mapping function as it was rudimentary at best....will report back if I find gold.. ...the one object I did convert that had a reasonable number of parts loaded and rendered well in TG2 though.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

jaf

I noticed in the Gallery section of the Poseray site, that there were no Terragen renders.  Maybe we could submit a couple renders with objects prepped by Poseray (my Terragen "art" is not very good, but there's plenty of real artists here that could really upgrade that gallery.)  It might give our suggestions more weight.

(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02