CGScenery.com - a Terragen 2 tutorial website

Started by Tangled-Universe, December 04, 2012, 06:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Hi All,

I'd like to announce the upcoming launch of CGScenery.com

CGScenery will be my personal portfolio website as well as an online resource for Terragen 2 tutorials.

The first series of tutorials will cover the very basics of the software.
From there the tutorials will slowly advance to "intermediate" and "advance" level tutorials which will be categorized and search-able.

Examples of topics are:
- User Interface
- 3D preview navigation
- Building a basic scene
- Node network & Tab based system similarities and differences
- Understanding node network (data) flow
- Importing objects or populations of objects and positiioning
- Rendering
- Common problems / FAQ
- etc. etc. etc.

Many of these topics can be discussed at different levels of expertise, so they will be split into appropriate categories on the website.

The official date of the launch will be announced in a new topic.

I'm confident my learning path will cover many aspects of working and having fun with Terragen 2, but for the time being I'm very interested in knowing what you'd like to see discussed. Just in case I might miss something or may be I'm not aware of some of your wishes.
Please keep your shortlists brief and tight, using bullet-like formatting as above.

Cheers,
Martin

FrankB

This is going to be an awesome resource, I am sure of that!

Can't wait to see the new page!

yossam

mhaze

zaxxon

This is very good news! Topics 4 & 5 from above are exactly what I would have wished for. Hope this happens soon, and a very large TIA!

Dune

Gaaf initiatief, Martin. Ben benieuwd. Good luck setting it up!

Ulco

TheBadger

QuoteI'd like to announce the upcoming launch of CGScenery.com

CGScenery will be my personal portfolio website as well as an online resource for Terragen 2 tutorials.

The first series of tutorials will cover the very basics of the software.
From there the tutorials will slowly advance to "intermediate" and "advance" level tutorials which will be categorized and search-able.

You are a beautiful and unique human being Martin! Yes I mean it. I would praise you more for this, but it would sound like I am slobbering ;D

Actually, the best part is that I don't have to become a cannibal now! I was going to buy a plain ticket and fly to Europe to find you so I could steal your brains. I read in a comic book someplace when I was a kid, that if you eat the brains of someone you get all of their knowledge.

Live long and prosper. Or God bless, if you prefer!  :-*

P.S. The website ID/logo looks great too
It has been eaten.

AndyWelder

Great initiative, Martin.

The answer to your question what we'd like to see in my case would be: Anything! There are so many aspects I'd like to learn more about.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Bjur

All the best to your project, it sounds very good!

Just try to keep it all simple as possible. During my reverse engineerings, i´ve faced some so weird "node explosions", my nose started to bleed instantly..  ;D
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

RArcher

Nice work Martin.  If anyone can accomplish the daunting task of putting it all together it's you.

Oshyan

Very glad to see this coming together. Looking forward to seeing your hard work pay off!

- Oshyan

penboack

Thanks for the heads up.
It's great to see you doing this.
I think that this will be a superb resource.

Good luck.

jo

Hi Martin,

That sounds really great, I look forward to seeing it.

Regards,

Jo