weirdest background before getting into 3D art

Started by thorntonart, October 28, 2013, 04:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorntonart

OK. Who has the weirdest background in terms of something that is as unrelated to 3D art as possible?

I have a degree in mathematics and medical history. I left school convinced that art didn't like me at all  :(   

Dune

Well, I'm a biologist, but never worked as such after graduation. Art (first conventional, now 3D)  paid my bills and still does.

Kadri

High school Philosophy teacher to pay the bills since 15 years ,
but i always were into arts like writing , comics illustrator etc. mostly as a hobbyist and sometimes professional . 

yossam

I was in the bakery business for almost 40 years...........been using 3d software since Bryce first came out for Windows. Also fooled around with PovRay some also.

masonspappy

I was a mental health therapist for 3 years, then made a career in the computer indutry and was the narrator for SCYWEB BEM audiozine for a couple of years.  Now I'm just an old geezer.

yossam

I thought Bob and I were the only geezers on this forum.  :)

archonforest

I was a diesel mechanics fixing train engines...now designing typesetting, Photoshopping, TG-ing(at least try to)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Wow, I love this thread. I'm afraid I can't add anything exciting, been an IT guy for 15 years, more or less, and into computer art, fractals, etc. since I was 5 or 6, so... yeah. My dad was a programmer, I'm sure that helped. :D

- Oshyan

kaedorg

I have been a PADI diving instructor and a professional underwater photographer for many years. I organised trips mostly in Egypt and Bahamas.

Retiring from diving, i bought a bookshop in a small harbour in Brittany.

I always loved drawing specially landscapes.
I'm not paying my bills with Terragen but make some money. I just signed a contract for 15 bookmarks full realised with tg3 (release spring 2014) with
a postcard editor.

David

yossam

Congrats David.  :)

Can you show your work after publication?

archonforest

I would like to see your bookshop :)
I love books and some of these small bookshops have a great atmo... ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hetzen

I sold vacuum cleaners door to door as a first job, then got into AV hire with access to a warehouse of kit to play with. Did some rave video projections and part owned an 8 track recording studio in a mates garden shed. The I got a job in graphics helping another friend out, which was 20 years ago and since have stayed in the industry. :)

mhaze

Trained in the arts but became a teacher for 40yrs.  I'm retired now and never been busier.  Been into 3D since computers first appeared.  Spent a long time working with povray then terragen.

jaf

After my Navy career, an electrical engineer (in the old PDP 11 mini computer days, a site manager for US Navy and Air Force contracts, and finally a software engineer.  Now I'm managing a couple of condominium buildings and playing with Terragen.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Jo Kariboo

I have a baccalauréat in communication. I worked for several years as director of photography. I left that job for me dedicated to make musical instruments and musical workshop. I work since 2001 in a municipal library.
And this is a good time for a PLUG. I have two Native American flutes that I made in the early 2000s for sale. Here is a link to hear one of his flutes http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/88391956/file.html and the link for the announcement of flutes for sale http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-instruments-de-musique-famille-des-bois-Flutes-amerindiennes-W0QQAdIdZ521287147  :)