Stone Age

Started by Dune, July 04, 2014, 10:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 20, 2014, 03:12:09 AM
Update after a lot of DS struggle. Getting there...

Comin' along nice...the tiny folk add sooo much; the kids playin' is a master stroke of composition.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

So many details here. I'm beginning to realize the advantage of your overall views wherein many other points of view can be attained for future compositions. Excellent efforts Ulco.

yossam

bobbystahr,

Poser is nowhere near that price. Just wait for Smith Micro to put it on sale like I did. Last month, Poser 10(32 bit) was $60.00 and Poser Pro 2014(64 bit) was $199.00. The 64 bit has other features the 32 bit doesn't. Among others, bullet physics and Pixar subdivision.  :)

Dune

Why is Poser better? In what way?

mhaze

I just find it simpler to use and navigate. It's good to have both perhaps.  If you use the more recent daz products and can get used to DS it's probably better but with stuff going back 20 yrs I find poser better.

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on July 20, 2014, 01:00:02 PM
bobbystahr,

Poser is nowhere near that price. Just wait for Smith Micro to put it on sale like I did. Last month, Poser 10(32 bit) was $60.00 and Poser Pro 2014(64 bit) was $199.00. The 64 bit has other features the 32 bit doesn't. Among others, bullet physics and Pixar subdivision.  :)

I suspect a typo on my part...one too many zeros, meant to say $60.00 which was the price I saw;  but on a fixed income pension that amounts to half my food budget for the month...I ain't cheep, just a bit poor...heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

The sand was not supposed to be so sandy, but more 'earthy', so here's an update. Did some minor 'for the time being' drawing, like the smoke, just to see what it would look like. Another one is now rendering with some pots and stuff.
I was struggling with the swamp; reflections weren't easy to get nice with a soft reflection of 0.03; it takes more than 16 samples and doubles the render time. So I'll forget about that and now added some more wavelets.
There will be some nice details, like the spear throwing guy. He's after a deer.

j meyer

So how did you do the darkening of the tent inner for this version (part5)?

choronr

It is intriguing to see this project grow with the introduction of human life - it becomes more realistic with each iteration. I like the recent addition of vegetation you've added here.

bobbystahr

The sand tweak did wonders for the figures' visibility..good call on that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

PS, Jochen. I'm afraid I had to.

Dune

I'm finishing this off, spent enough time already. These are some details in final resolution (SoSh on), and the total in lo-res. See what they think. The only thing I want to add is some dead wood, perhaps some really big rotten trunks of an ancient forest. And the spear thrower needs to turn 10 degrees.

choronr

Very good. What gratification this must be being able to create a time in human evolution.

Old, rotted and degraded trees and other vegetation rubble models is something that is needed in order to enhance realism. Have no doubt that you will achieve that in the future. Great work Ulco!

Dune

What do you think, guys? I'm not too pleased with the way these dead trees turned out. Especially the broken trunks look a bit cartoonish. I'll redo some. The fallen one seems ok to me.