Functions forum

Started by BPauba, July 29, 2007, 05:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPauba

I am interested to see if anyone else would love to see a "functions forum" erected here at Planetside. All this forum would be is a place to talk about FUNCTIONS! It is obvious that the understanding of functions will really bring the users Terragen skill to the next level. I think its a topic broad enough for its own forum. Furthermore the separation of function talk and general Terragen talk would benefit all. People looking for function information have trouble finding information on the main discussion because of all the other general questions that come up. And people that do not want to deal with functions could care less about function threads! Discuss....

EmDee1

At the moment I don't understand anything from functions. Don't know how to use, what can be done with them...  I will not be much of a help in a forum I guess, but I'm interested in the matter, so maybe that's a start :)

garcia

math challenged here with an aye ::)

DeathTwister

Yes I think it is a very good idea for all of us, at what ever skill level as it will help us all to grow to the next level.  Weather we are challenged or not, and most of us are /winks like me and others That is a very good idea.
DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

choronr

Yes, this I think this is an excellent idea. Examples of using the different functions would be great for making references while creating scenes.

Bob (choronr)

mogn

ProjectX

The irresistable forces of peer pressure can mean only one thing, I agree.

mr-miley

Well, I DONT agree..... *looks around at the nasty looks from the rest of the community*..... errrr.... OK then I agree  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Tangled-Universe

Maybe it's also a good idea to subdivide the "Terragen 2 Discussion" section further. For example into sections like "clouds/atmo". "terrain displacements", "Functions", "Rendering", etc. etc. The main Terragen 2 Discussion section contains loads of topics and it's sometimes hard to find your specific info in the jungle of topics. I think to make it more clarifying further subdivision could aid in this.
How do you guys feel about this?

This is just in addition to the idea for a functions forum. So yes I agree  ;D

Volker Harun

If everybody likes the idea, then I like the idea, too :D

Mavcat

Harvey Birdman

Seems unnecessary to me. The forums have a 'Search' function, after all.

(Peer pressure be damned.)

;D

rcallicotte

After hearing ProjectX say he was possibly willing to write some math functions to help with the TG2 functions, I'm totally ready for this.  I especially think that this is an area that is distinct enough to deserve a forum category by itself.  The possibilities in this area alone are endless for TG2.

Sorry Harvey.   8)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Harvey Birdman

Just trying to be the token contrarian. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

;D

Volker Harun

If Harvey is against it, I am against it, too ,)