Railtrack

Started by Dune, January 25, 2015, 03:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I wanted to try to get smoke easier, but I can't seem to get the white haze off the card. So; card, and projected white on black greyscale image file. Used the glass shader, but I might have to do some more testing.  You can use one sided or double side (in both glass and card), visible for other rays, etc.
Never mind the strange mist veils and absence of grass  ;)

Kadri

Nice. Can you add an opacity mask ?

Dune

I just did some testing, but with or without opacity mask won't make a difference. In a test setup I had no haze on the plane, and a crop test of the same file just now, didn't have it either, strange.
Interesting; when using a (displacable) plane, it's not working properly, because the transparent part is subdivided less (like water, so I'd have to set subdiv levels to 1), and with a card it's fine. Probably they are calculated differently.

mhaze

Rocks are superb btw.

Dune

Strange, I just can't get rid of the haze. If anyone has a clue...

j meyer

I'd try an imported card for comparison,thinking of some of my experiments.

Dune

You may be right, I'll do that.

choronr

A nice challenge you've taken on ...great stuff!

Dune

First test: same problem.
No, whatever I do, it stays a problem; double sided glass, different index, negative reflection, sun other side, flip normals, flip object, water shader at infinity..... I guess it's not that perfect a method.

j meyer

There has to be something,because the method works fine usually.
Tried with prop blur and other stuff (with the new glass shader) and
no haze problems.
At the moment I have no idea,though.Hmmmph!

Dune

The only way not to see the difference is use the whole width for the plane, but I noticed that I have to set the subdiv settings to 1. So obviously I do something wrong.

Kadri

A chance to share a stripped down version with basic image maps or whatever you use to have a look Ulco?

mhaze

Here's a crazy thought the Colour adjust?

j meyer

Subdiv settings to 1 is required for transparency and reflections as far as I know.
At least when close enough to notice.
So maybe you're not wrong at all.