Rock study

Started by Kadri, August 23, 2015, 09:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Part two. Couldn't upload this above:

Oshyan

Some very interesting and cool results in there. I like the stone population test a lot actually. Curious to see if you find ways to use some of these in an actual scene...

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on August 20, 2017, 02:31:45 PM
Some very interesting and cool results in there. I like the stone population test a lot actually. Curious to see if you find ways to use some of these in an actual scene...

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan.
Still testing. I will look into populations later ones again probably.

There is i think a way to make strata a little different and easier-vertical ones especially.
But still working on it and not sure it will work as i want.
If i can it get to work i might share it later.
Curious what others,especially the blue node users could do with it.

Dune

Kadri, try using the displacement to scalar after some displacements and strata, then warp and rotate mixes..... and use to displace.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on August 21, 2017, 02:22:27 AM
Kadri, try using the displacement to scalar after some displacements and strata, then warp and rotate mixes..... and use to displace.

Thanks Ulco. I had not much luck in that way. Worth another go later.

But what i used doesn't involve any strata node (some scenes before had strata nodes but that was different) and in general it is very easy.
A basic setup at least.
Hard part is to make it look nice.
Testing since 1 month with nearly the same nodes (It is amazing how many different looks you can get with so few nodes).
I am right now sick of those many tests.

I am just rendering two different scenes of the basic setup.
It looks more suited for far away stuff at first, but i will share it and see what you all can add to this.

luvsmuzik

Thanks for those shares Kadri. Something to explore for sure!

Kadri

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 23, 2017, 09:01:28 AM
Thanks for those shares Kadri. Something to explore for sure!

:)

This image isn't a test any more, but a WIP.
Very close to the final at last. I will maybe move the POV a little more to the left side.

Oshyan

I like it very much, though hopefully you have plans for the plain ground to change. This image reminds me a lot of some recent images from Iceland I saw of a very cool basalt formation.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on August 24, 2017, 05:13:05 PM
I like it very much, though hopefully you have plans for the plain ground to change. This image reminds me a lot of some recent images from Iceland I saw of a very cool basalt formation.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan.
The ground will be water probably. Have to do some objects for the scene.
Still a lot to do.

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on August 24, 2017, 05:13:05 PM
This image reminds me a lot of some recent images from Iceland I saw of a very cool basalt formation.
- Oshyan

Which one, by the way Oshyan?

Kadri

Thanks. That looks otherworldly 

Kadri

It might not look like much to you i don't know, but i wanted to do such a rock wall since years.
I am still playing with it is not finished.

Dune

It's kind of mesmerizing.