Rock study

Started by Kadri, August 23, 2015, 09:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I wanted to participate in the cliff contest but 2 months ago i lost my mother,
aunt and grandfather all within 4 days and lost all my interest.
I got retired too. Working as a teacher just wasn't what i want to do any more.

I had an image in my mind already then and played with some scenes, settings.
But i doubt that i can make anything good until the deadline.

Just some tests as you see. Some of the images are based on the sinkhole-tower file that i shared already.
I am working lately on a different version of the last image more seriously.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on March 23, 2018, 10:24:41 PM

I wanted to participate in the cliff contest but 2 months ago i lost my mother,
aunt and grandfather all within 4 days and lost all my interest.
I got retired too. Working as a teacher just wasn't what i want to do any more.

I had an image in my mind already then and played with some scenes, settings.
But i doubt that i can make anything good until the deadline.

Just some tests as you see. Some of the images are based on the sinkhole-tower file that i shared already.
I am working lately on a different version of the last image more seriously.

02.jpg, second frame, shows my frustration with making straight blocking cracks. The inversion or doubling up is annoying. I've tried to smooth it out and get them to connect but just can't figure it out.

Dune

My sincere condolences, Kadri! I missed you actually and sometimes wondered what kept you away. Good of you to retire if you have no fun in your work anymore and it's financially viable. I do hope you get renewed interest in TG again, your work has always been fascinating.

Good luck with the contest, you still have some time.

Kadri

Thank you Ulco. Will see if i can make anything good until then.
If i think i can make something decent i will make a WIP in that section (there are already great images that are hard to beat).

WASasquatch i am not sure if you mean this but except stretching the powerfractals
with very high numbers in one axis i don't know what to do other then to use an image map.

The GIF animation below stretches one axis from 1 to 500 and even that is too low as you see (lower left side shows it best).
You need higher values.
I used much higher numbers for the big image.
The broken parts are mostly because of the planet displacement tolerance and can be made better with higher settings mostly too.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on March 24, 2018, 02:43:30 AM

Thank you Ulco. Will see if i can anything good until then.
If i think i can make something decent i will make a WIP in that section (there are already great images that are hard to beat).

WASasquatch i am not sure if you mean this but except stretching the powerfractals
with very high numbers in one axis i don't know what to do other then to use an image map.

The GIF animation below stretches one axis from 1 to 500 and even that is too low as you see (lower left side shows it best).
You need higher values.
I used much higher numbers for the big image.
The broken parts are mostly because of the planet displacement tolerance and can be made better with higher settings mostly too.

Yeah that exactly what I mean. I've been just trying to do that blocking stone lateral displacement for some time and just never can get it.

Image for reference.

Hannes

First of all, my condolences for your losses. I can imagine that this changes a lot.

But it's good to hear from you again. Your sinkhole file is one of the most versatile files to me personally. My entry (actually all of my candidates) for the cliff contest is (are) based on your file.
Thanks again!!
Your work is always inspiring, and I like the things you develop.

Hetzen

Sorry to hear that Kadri. It's tough losing anyone but two so close... :(

I think you've got some good formations. You're not far from a close in crop already.

bobbystahr

My sincere condolences as well Kadri, when trouble comes in 3's like that it can be debilitating. I lost 3 close friends over a 2 month period last year and although they weren't blood they were music family and I miss them more than family still so I totally get not wanting to do anything in the wake of such sadness....but welcome back to this part of your extended family...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

my sincere condolences and a lot of energy for the future.

I have also withdrawn from many groups and forums because two weeks ago my father died after my mother and I have no energy for competition.

I wish you a nice weekend and look forward to new works by you, even if I do not write, I look at everything.
"Live and Learn!"

Dune

My condolonces to you too, Dragonfire.

Agura Nata

Quote from: Dune on March 24, 2018, 12:42:15 PM
My condolonces to you too, Dragonfire.

Thanks my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

archonforest

My sincere condolences, Kadri.
Happy that you are back here. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

We have much in common. I lost my mother in early November after 91 years of a great life. I have been her caregiver for over 10 years. Terragen experiments were things I liked to share with her, transferring images to television so she could see. She was a creative person in many ways responsible for my doodling.

So many of my promises to these forums fell short sometimes, not for lack of wanting to finish a project, but as with illness, changes.....

It is a hard loss for you I know very well. You have my heart-felt compassion.

j meyer

That's tough. My condolences.
Good to see you are creative again.