Things you may not know : Key navigation

Started by jo, April 15, 2009, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Well, rotating the camera can easily be done in the viewport if you hover above the camera. Select and choose the green circle to rotate it. But it's less precise than numerical. And you can't immediately see what teh cam sees.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: MrWobinson on June 02, 2020, 06:59:21 PMWhen I say pan I mean rotate the camera about itself. I simply want to point the camera in a different direction without moving the camera. I acknowledge this can be done with the controller in the top right and with Ctrl=arrow keys but I would like to be able to do this in the view window by click and dragging. If this is not possible I will live with that but I find it hard to believe that it is not possible and just want it confirmed so I can get on with things and stop bothering this forum.
To confirm your exact question, no you can't use the Mouse to look around ("click and drag") in the viewport like you and many others would like.  Your best option is to use the Ctrl, Shift, and Arrow keys for all camera navigation.

WOW!  When did key bindings get added?  Check it out, you CAN use the mouse to look/rotate the camera like you want.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: jo on April 15, 2009, 11:26:24 PMHi,

In TG2 v2 you can navigate in the 3D Preview using the keyboard. Navigation is based around the arrow keys, with different modifier key combinations to do different things. You can see the key combinations by opening the Mouse and Key Settings window from the Help Menu. Expand the 3D Preview settings and then scroll down to the Navigation settings and expand that to see the movements and their keys.

The keys can be customised in the Customise Input Bindings window, which is opened from the Custom Bindings button in the Input Settings preferences panel.

I would have set up a WASD preset for this but it conflicted with a key which was already in use. If you prefer that you can customise it yourself.

You aren't able to "mouse look" as you would in a first person shooter type game, but this may be added in the future.

Another useful new key for the 3D Preview is the Return/Enter key. This key will copy the current view to the render camera.

Regards,

Jo
Oh, so I see Key Bindings have been in for awhile.  It's just at some point the "Mouse Look" feature must have been added.  Sweet!!