Terragen 4

Started by Kadri, December 11, 2015, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Quote from: mdharrington on December 17, 2015, 03:36:52 PM
very different from 'sub-surface scattering'

here is an interesting 'real time' algorithm...
http://www-ljk.imag.fr/Publications/Basilic/com.lmc.publi.PUBLI_Inproceedings@117681e94b6_1e9c7f4/clouds.pdf

I remember that paper, saved it a few years ago. Some fairly decent results at the time.

otakar

Quote from: TheBadger on December 17, 2015, 04:49:06 PM
QuoteBecause the thing and fact for me is: TG4 will be worth updating, most definitely.

The thing for me is, I know T-U is very openly and honestly critical about the things that are not good. So when T-U says the quote above, and Oshyan says it will make you cry in the other thread, I gotta say I am getting pretty optimistic and excited.

As long as the upgrade pricing won't make me cry also at the same time... :)

bla bla 2

Il n'y aura pas de changement de l'interface de logiciel se sera la même chose que terragen3 mais quelques nouveautés ?

You have it not changed the interface the logiciel this to be the even thing than terragen 3 but other news ?

Dune

You're right, the GUI is not totally different, apart from a few buttons, not in the alpha version anyway.

Ariel DK

Quote from: otakar on December 18, 2015, 03:41:17 PM
QuoteBecause the thing and fact for me is: TG4 will be worth updating, most definitely.

The thing for me is, I know T-U is very openly and honestly critical about the things that are not good. So when T-U says the quote above, and Oshyan says it will make you cry in the other thread, I gotta say I am getting pretty optimistic and excited.

Totally agree, especially if you can't pay with USD :D
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on December 20, 2015, 03:23:20 AM
You're right, the GUI is not totally different, apart from a few buttons, not in the alpha version anyway.

Ghehe, I admire your enthusiasm -I have to bite my lips as well some times- and we probably both think this kind of info "doesn't hurt to share", but we can't discuss it, whatever it is :)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on December 20, 2015, 01:27:17 PM

I think I do not understand what you mean?? (oh my brain today)

Matt

The alpha is one thing. Terragen 4.0 is another. But whatever the situation, details about the alpha need to stay in the alpha forum please. It's not fair on the other alpha testers who are respecting our wishes if you don't do the same.

There will be changes to the UI in 4.0, and we will talk about those when they are in a place where can do so clearly.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Shigawire

I just hope the upgrade pricing will be affordable. :p

bla bla 2

Quote from: Matt on December 20, 2015, 06:53:51 PM

The alpha is one thing. Terragen 4.0 is another. But whatever the situation, details about the alpha need to stay in the alpha forum please. It's not fair on the other alpha testers who are respecting our wishes if you don't do the same.

There will be changes to the UI in 4.0, and we will talk about those when they are in a place where can do so clearly.

Matt

J'espère que vous avez raison

I hope you reason. ^^

Dune

Sorry Matt, I will temper myself.

Ariel DK

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on December 20, 2015, 03:38:54 PM
Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on December 20, 2015, 01:27:17 PM

I think I do not understand what you mean?? (oh my brain today)
I meant to users they don't live in USA or EU Countries, you know, dollar is not the official money of my country. ;)

EDIT*

Damn, how many quotes :D
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

AP

One thing i hope to see is a Color Gradient shader, everyone else has one and it is very needed considering the fact of how many Power fractals have to be used say one needed a dozen colors for a terrain. I think it was a couple of years back when i had brought this up. It certainly would be a time saver and less of a mess of nodes. Cyber-Angel and efflux brought it up back in 2007.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Chris on January 06, 2016, 08:36:45 PM
One thing i hope to see is a Color Gradient shader, everyone else has one and it is very needed considering the fact of how many Power fractals have to be used say one needed a dozen colors for a terrain. I think it was a couple of years back when i had brought this up. It certainly would be a time saver and less of a mess of nodes. Cyber-Angel and efflux brought it up back in 2007.

Hear! Here!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Quotehow many Power fractals have to be used say one needed a dozen colors
If you multiply or mix 2-3 extreme colors (either end of spectrum), you can get quite a wide mix. And if adding a blue node (adjust saturation) you can get greyer varieties too.