Author Topic: Contest winners  (Read 16784 times)

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
Re: Contest winners
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
Thanks Danny, but of course we both use Wordpress and we have the same plugin you do. The problem now is that it doesn't support 8k, so we are having to look at other solutions. Most likely what we'll have to do is just put up 4k versions for now and get 8k versions out there if it becomes easier to do. As it is it's quite time consuming as each one has to be separately created in a stand-alone viewer with its own page.

Now that 4.3 is out I'll be able to put attention back on this and finish it off.

- Oshyan

Offline Dune

• Terragen Alpha Tester (Win)
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2018, 05:44:10 AM »
Good to hear that. Thanks Oshyan. Btw. what plugin are you using? Maybe something for my own site as well.

Offline Oshyan

• Planetside Staff
  • Holy snagging ducks!
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
The one we have installed is this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-photo-sphere/

- Oshyan

Offline Dune

• Terragen Alpha Tester (Win)
    • www.ulco-art.nl
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2018, 05:50:47 AM »
Thanks. Checking it out.

Offline WASasquatch

• The Homeless Landscape Artist
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2018, 11:57:55 PM »
I remember this being talked about at an open conference a few years ago, and how it was a field for revenue generation. That said, it seems to be the applied approach, where anything supporting 8k is licensed based.

However, the plugin you are using is customizable... And looking through the base code, the actual viewer handles 8k, at least, there is nothing suggesting it can't so it must be the plugins version it uses or viewport limitations in development of the plugin.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:02:04 AM by WASasquatch »
Art can be a window into the soul

Offline Jo Kariboo

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »
Thanks Danny, but of course we both use Wordpress and we have the same plugin you do. The problem now is that it doesn't support 8k, so we are having to look at other solutions. Most likely what we'll have to do is just put up 4k versions for now and get 8k versions out there if it becomes easier to do. As it is it's quite time consuming as each one has to be separately created in a stand-alone viewer with its own page.

Now that 4.3 is out I'll be able to put attention back on this and finish it off.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan,
In time I had completely forgotten to follow this subject. Very happy to know that there has always been followers and interest.

anything