Contest winners

Started by bobbystahr, July 01, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Thanks Danny, but of course we both use Wordpress and we have the same plugin you do. The problem now is that it doesn't support 8k, so we are having to look at other solutions. Most likely what we'll have to do is just put up 4k versions for now and get 8k versions out there if it becomes easier to do. As it is it's quite time consuming as each one has to be separately created in a stand-alone viewer with its own page.

Now that 4.3 is out I'll be able to put attention back on this and finish it off.

- Oshyan

Dune

Good to hear that. Thanks Oshyan. Btw. what plugin are you using? Maybe something for my own site as well.

Oshyan

Dune

Thanks. Checking it out.

WAS

I remember this being talked about at an open conference a few years ago, and how it was a field for revenue generation. That said, it seems to be the applied approach, where anything supporting 8k is licensed based.

However, the plugin you are using is customizable... And looking through the base code, the actual viewer handles 8k, at least, there is nothing suggesting it can't so it must be the plugins version it uses or viewport limitations in development of the plugin.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on November 18, 2018, 05:53:30 PM
Thanks Danny, but of course we both use Wordpress and we have the same plugin you do. The problem now is that it doesn't support 8k, so we are having to look at other solutions. Most likely what we'll have to do is just put up 4k versions for now and get 8k versions out there if it becomes easier to do. As it is it's quite time consuming as each one has to be separately created in a stand-alone viewer with its own page.

Now that 4.3 is out I'll be able to put attention back on this and finish it off.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan,
In time I had completely forgotten to follow this subject. Very happy to know that there has always been followers and interest.

Oshyan

The winning entries have, at last, been posted to Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PlanetsideSoftware/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2034916586576876

We had hoped to find a better (higher quality, non-proprietary) solution, but for now that has proved quite challenging. So for the moment the galleries are only on Facebook. We hope to add them to our website in time. When we are able to do that we will update the main gallery posting thread here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26157.0.html

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Thanks...just took the trip
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Looks good, some very intriguing entries I didn't see before (or I must have forgotten). And the sharpness is amazing. When will the renders be sent to the respective winners? Soon, I hope! I would certainly like to show them to potential clients in my own offline viewer (some of them coming over next week already).

René

I had totally forgotten about this so this is a delayed Christmas present to me. Thank you very much Planetside. :D

Oshyan

Thanks for the reminder Ulco, I'll send those out next week.

- Oshyan

Dune

That'll be great, Oshyan, thanks!!