Durn Bobby that looks quite alright!

Thanks and as always thanks to all for advice
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I think you should take the shine off for a great deal; the reflective shader, and lower the reflectivity in the default, or just slide the PF (masking those) all the way to nearly black.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 02:04:29 AM
I think you should take the shine off for a great deal; the reflective shader, and lower the reflectivity in the default, or just slide the PF (masking those) all the way to nearly black.

I'd considered that; and as the rendertimes are painlessly fast it's way more fun iterating...izzat a werd?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Iterating... you should know, you're the American, not me  ;)

DocCharly65

In my eyes a nice muddy ground, Bobby.

I don't know the swamps in real live but in my imagination I am missing just two things:
Many ferns and a little bit stagnant water (like it looked in the first image but with almost now waves)
What do you mean?

bobbystahr

Thanks for all the comments...thought about ferns but stayed with a few mosses and the water is still there but for some reason isn't as visible...never touched it either. Here's possibly a final update incorporating Dune's last suggestions and I upped the AA to 7 and the Detail to .6...both up 1 digit. Added 2 hours to the render time....but I was sleeping so it went fast, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I still don't understand what these light areas on the ground are. If you can get rid of those, it would benefit the render greatly, I think.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 02:15:08 AM
Iterating... you should know, you're the American, not me  ;)

Uh that's Canadian, we elected a sane leader...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Oh yeah, sorry. Same as calling me a German or Belgian  :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 09:57:12 AM
I still don't understand what these light areas on the ground are. If you can get rid of those, it would benefit the render greatly, I think.

me neither and searching with preview colours revealed nothing...maybe it's the water we're seeing...I'll check it's reflection level
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 09:59:08 AM
Oh yeah, sorry. Same as calling me a German or Belgian  :P

normally it'd be like water off a duck's back but their current insanity they're going through scares me spit less and I seem a tad touchy....I think planetside should move back to Scotland it so scary down there in the usa
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 09:57:12 AM

It's the water reflectivity...should have checked that first as it was likely the problem all along
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 19, 2016, 12:09:30 PM
Render away then....

4 more tests I found it's still the stones reflectivity, plus the water was all but gone compared to render 1 so I raised that and cut the reflectivity way down to almost nada. I think most if not all that disturbing(to both of us) white will be gone. Going to try a smaller render for proof of concept and if successful will do a proper one overnight as my box only really is handling one task at a time lately and I have an album cover to work on.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New