Coming to Grips with Bloom

Started by bobbystahr, July 17, 2016, 11:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 22, 2016, 07:38:37 AM
Tgd coming back, Bobby.

Thanks pal;

Well my meetings over and I'm back in the swamp. I couldn't get my Ivy Banyan Tree to populate with the Compute Normal you used and adding a Compute Terrain as I often do at the bottom of the shaders network didn't work so I went back to my setup and made the adjustments in the existing shader,(Sandel0 from chornor originally)...seems fixed in crop tests so far...so thanks for the help and critique....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

Cool stuff Bobby... Looking forward to your next one, gonna be a winner! :)

bobbystahr

Well thanks Ulco, nothing seemed t be working so I went backwards, used your water and corrected the sandelo shaders, things went crazy and kept your parts and added ferns and am going to say "Done." on this one...too much I want to try before this BETA runs out to dawddle around with this...I like the ferns and the new stones so I'm happy.One of the faster renders, maybe cuz Defer was off....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Strange that it doesn't work for you, it did for me. You now still have the grey splotches. You don't need the Dandel0 thing.
I might have another go at it, with the banyan tree.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 24, 2016, 03:15:23 AM
Strange that it doesn't work for you, it did for me. You now still have the grey splotches. You don't need the Dandel0 thing.
I might have another go at it, with the banyan tree.

Well you have a lot on your plate so if you have spare time feel free as it has me cornered crying Uncle. I may start it from scratch again some time but with this scene in mind and not just to check out the trees which is why I started it and why it was built  so badly.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

One thing that didn't work was the banyan tree; it wasn't recognized as a proper tgo  ???

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 24, 2016, 09:48:37 AM
One thing that didn't work was the banyan tree; it wasn't recognized as a proper tgo  ???

That's odd, it's what I populated the scene with...I'll look into that. I'll get the one I sent you from the message I sent to be consistent.

Well I had it in 2 locations and I dunno why that one is corrupt but it no longer exists. Sending you the original
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New