Urban scene animated WIP

Started by Hannes, October 03, 2016, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: inkydigit on October 11, 2016, 08:05:05 AM
holy moly! 8) 8) 8) 8)
I had this on loop for ages... my coffee went cold...
this is awesome!
anti-collision would be amazing!
some more sunbathers would be enough to distract anyone from the ghost/bumpers!
I am dropping the camera and traveling around this in my imagination...
waiting for the climax point... what is going to happen next?
I dof my cap!
:)
Jason

Well said Jason, well said. Did the same on loop....mesmerizing it is.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

This is why there is dedicated crowd simulation software... ;)

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Knows that someone soon will have a herd of caribou diving into a raging river, wrestle with a croc (or that other thing he made), and emerge safely on the opposite bank, all done with a mask of course. I bet Nico can figure this out Dune.

This is great, Hannes!

Hannes

Thanks mates, this is very encouraging!!!!!

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on October 11, 2016, 04:58:38 AM
Creating masks to avoid colliding instances would have been possible, but like that all the pedestrians would walk more or less in rows, which would look a bit unnatural. And think of all the obstacles: there are street lamps, bins, trash and canopied busstops. Each thing would have to be taken into account.

Yes it gets complicated after a while Hannes.
I think you could probably used a half or less populations maybe at most.
It would still be hard.

Ulco i said "mask" but think about the density shader in the population.
The end result is the same whatever method or name we use.

Kadri

Quote from: inkydigit on October 11, 2016, 06:29:26 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on October 11, 2016, 02:02:22 PM
This is why there is dedicated crowd simulation software... ;)

- Oshyan
Just spotted this, looks interesting for free...
http://www.cgchannel.com/2016/09/crowdmaster-is-a-free-crowd-simulation-tool-for-blender/
:)

Looks like my "yearly Blender install and uninstall time" is coming.
Hopefully without another uninstall part this time. Thanks for the link :)

Oshyan

Looks promising. Anyone know if Blender 2.8 is still planned to be a massive UI overhaul?

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on October 11, 2016, 10:42:01 PM
Looks promising. Anyone know if Blender 2.8 is still planned to be a massive UI overhaul?

- Oshyan

That'd be pleasant as long as they don't go all brycean...loved that program hated the UI
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DannyG

I'm late on this one, plenty of eye candy in this
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Be sure to take a look at the streets as well  ;)

zaxxon

A stunning feat to pull this off in TG! Beautiful and crazy at the same time. Though I am curious, as a user of 3DSMax as well, did you try any of this in Max? There you have collision detection and any number of fast-preview and render options. Once again - Amazing!

Hannes

Quote from: zaxxon on November 15, 2016, 10:36:22 AM
A stunning feat to pull this off in TG! Beautiful and crazy at the same time. Though I am curious, as a user of 3DSMax as well, did you try any of this in Max? There you have collision detection and any number of fast-preview and render options. Once again - Amazing!

Thanks!!! I know this could have been done in Max, but I thought it might be a challenge to do something like this in TG.
In Max I have a fast preview as you said, but as far as I can tell, TG handles vast amounts of objects and textures better. I once created a very complicated model in Max and was barely able to change anything without a crash. After I managed to export this model and to import it into TG I could easily handle it. It was even possible to create populations with this model.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on November 15, 2016, 11:07:47 AM
Quote from: zaxxon on November 15, 2016, 10:36:22 AM

Thanks!!! I know this could have been done in Max, but I thought it might be a challenge to do something like this in TG.
In Max I have a fast preview as you said, but as far as I can tell, TG handles vast amounts of objects and textures better. I once created a very complicated model in Max and was barely able to change anything without a crash. After I managed to export this model and to import it into TG I could easily handle it. It was even possible to create populations with this model.

well that settles that...I'll stop dreaming about max right now...Happy TG out performs it on model handling....3 cheers and a tiger for TG
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New