Mission to Mars

Started by René, November 14, 2016, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Strange - I like that contrast of the starbursts blue to the rest of the red colors... 
Very cool indirect lighting of the rocks in the foreground.

Cool!

Matt

Quote from: René on May 19, 2017, 09:29:13 AM
w.i.p.

Sunset on Mars. I'm testing different light conditions to see if everything works well.
I think I'll be rendering Mars terrains for the next few years.;)

I like this whole series. This new render could be one of my favourites, except that I'd prefer to see a white-ish sun. Yes, I've seen the photos of blue sunsets on Mars, but really the sun's visible disc turns slightly yellow at sunset, not blue (most people miss this detail). What turns blue is the dust in the atmosphere, not the visible disc of the sun. The dust creates a blue halo around the sun in the sky, but this scatters some blue light out of the direct sunlight, so the sun and the starburst should be white/yellow. If you're going for realism, that is  8)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

archonforest

Great job!!!!
Try the localized cloud and the white sun.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

René

Mars vehicle. w.i.p.

The vehicle is from NASA: https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/detail/nmss-sev

zaxxon

This is such an excellent display of your ability and TG's facility to render the Martian landscape. Truly an enjoyable series!

René

DocCharly65

Looks as from a movie! I love this render!

Dune

Great render. I can imagine you traveling and rendering away in this terrain. Only thing you need to do is clone out some holes upper right or use force all edges.

luvsmuzik

So glad you are sharing this! Fantastic!

René

Dune: Do you mean those white specks? They are less visible at a higher resolution, but it won't harm to use force all edges anyhow.

Dune

Yes, that's what I mean. But sometimes cloning them out in a still is much faster than using force all edges.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on May 29, 2017, 02:45:14 AM
Yes, that's what I mean. But sometimes cloning them out in a still is much faster than using force all edges.

When I saw them I first thought it were little parts of reflections - means really at first I did not recognize them.

What if they are? could movement of the light source of a thenth of a degree already help?

Dune

No, it's not to do with light, just an error in rendering (hole in the thin sheet of triangles, so to say).