Tree stuff

Started by luvsmuzik, December 01, 2016, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

thanks guys!

Took camera up a little for a different POV. I am right at the fog edge and still MPD0.6 and AA6. GI voxel 100. I am seeing a little noise.
What  setting do I increase, decrease to reduce that? Still using path tracing robust , detail 1. Cloud quality Still medium I think.

I have a ground level one rendering ETA 1 more hour. ha! Averaging 3 hours at these settings. 1600x1000

N-drju

Wow, this is a final-worthy render, push it on. The depth of the scene and trees is very pleasant. I probably missed that part already but what trees do you use? Hand-made, XFrog?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Quote from: N-drju on October 05, 2018, 07:58:39 AM
Wow, this is a final-worthy render, push it on. The depth of the scene and trees is very pleasant. I probably missed that part already but what trees do you use? Hand-made, XFrog?
Thanks N-drju!
Generic coniferous pine tgo AP
a couple Blender pines me
masonpappy's grass from File Sharing
wheat tgo Ashunder freebie ?

Smooth water reflections, fog, haze ....sunlight highlight translucency on grass and wheat
mpd0.6 AA6 for 6 hour render

Needs a crane bird or two...... :)

Dune

Very nice. How smooth did you set the water?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on October 05, 2018, 10:51:23 AM
Very nice. How smooth did you set the water?
Thank you!
Water....Roughness 0.005 wave scale 10  Master reflectivity 0.56875, intensity 0.005, spread 0.01 Subsurface Transparency 0.56 decay distance 3

Dune

Thanks luvs. The effect is very nice!

Oshyan

The water probably looks better partly because of the path tracer. :D

- Oshyan

DocCharly65

The renders get better and better! A big like for the last two ones! :)

sboerner

Agree! You're on a roll here!

luvsmuzik

Basic River setup Dune

Fixed glaring scaling errors in fake stone displacements, as well as tree bark displacements.

Robust pt render detail modifier 1, AA 6, MPD 0.6
12 minute render at this resolution

luvsmuzik

aerial view

oh yeah, it's a creek

Matt

I'm not sure how this can be a path-traced render, because water transparency isn't working with the path tracer yet. Looks really nice though!
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Unless it's not 'real' water but colors of terrain on a flat 'water' area, like I did some time ago.
Nice render, btw. but it needs some veggies along the shore.

DocCharly65

I agree with Ulco and have another little suggestion:
The small stream seems to have only a slight slope. Therefore, I would make the shore less frayed.

But already now I like the ambience :)

luvsmuzik

Thanks all! I will try to incorporate suggestions.

Quote from: Matt on October 11, 2018, 09:20:19 PM
I'm not sure how this can be a path-traced render, because water transparency isn't working with the path tracer yet. Looks really nice though!
Hmmm...It is a lake, I shall investigate settings. :)