Another shrub tested

Started by Dune, March 02, 2017, 02:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I so wish you could see a copy of The Nature Journal Miriam Anne Bourne, illustrated by Marjorie Stodgell, 1990. The illustrator was a personal family friend, working in second half of 20th century. Two artists in her family, but their works published in America. I am in awe of such talent as theirs and yours.

Beautiful!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2017, 02:21:37 AM
Thanks very much. I was fortunate enough never to have to do teaching  ;) Not my forte.
I tried to make stairs (LW) like in the Lagoon yesterday. Would be nice to duplicate that painting in TG. It needs to be such that I can fit a rock outcrop next to it, with some angles, so I'll have another go at it.

didn't someone recently figure out stairs with strata and SS shaders? Would that help at all?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: ADE on March 02, 2017, 01:52:44 PM
lose those trees on the hillside and this will pass for ultimate reality!!!

here is my sea Bthorn model...

lovely model Ade
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dorianvan

-Dorian

Dune

SSS and strata would be an option indeed, but I wanted more 'sophisticated' stairs with a stone railing and some pillars on the railing. Though with some (a lot) of ingenuity that would perhaps even be possible with SSS's. That would be a nice challenge.

DocCharly65

Very beautiful final! and the paintings are most impressive!

Dune

Thanks, Nils.

I tried to get close to The Lagoon, WIP 1. The light is really hard.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
I've worked in oils mostly. Underpainting and several layers of glazing and opaque medium and lighter patches. The film of paint is very important, adding to the mystery. The white egrets are among my favorite birds, so I keep them in my work, indeed.

Managed some stairs, but it was pretty hard to fit a terrain to it. Probably easier to make a 'terrain object' next to it.

Here's another one of my paintings.

pure beauty man, you have a lovely touch with oils as well...guess that's where you developed your eye...my problem is I drew underground comix for too long.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Hard call Ulco as both of the last 2 are wonderfully atmospheric...If it was a job I'd make the client choose. Well done x 2
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

This one (@2500px that is) took a long time, 4 hours, probably due to too high atmo setings, soft shadows and soft reflections. But it was worth it. Some things I need to change.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on March 07, 2017, 01:37:49 AM
Some things I need to change.
Really?  If I produced something like this I'd be incredibly happy and consider it 'done'.   :)

luvsmuzik

I think this series is great! I like the latest, but as you said you are trying to get close to the Lagoon painting, I wonder if elevating the sun a little would add some light upper right. That one corner upper right has gotten so dark. It is lovely, regardless, but I liked a little more color foreground as in Lagoon. Computers and brushes are quite different, hey? :)

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram