Erosion in 4 renders

Started by luvsmuzik, November 10, 2017, 06:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 07, 2018, 06:10:17 PM
Changed haze and activated soft shadows.

This is an old TG9 terrain, imported for Classic Erosion plugin. Notice I was able to use a single population of trees for the entire terrain. Yay!

The surface shader looks really soft in some spots, but at the same time it gives it a foliage look.

I could imagine you could offset the layer, mask it with some voronoi billows or something, and use a computer normal/terrain to than pinch in the base of the offset to create the look of dense folliage/bushes from afar. Though using normals and lateral displacement would be tricky.

luvsmuzik

Thanks for the input! Yes this is a pretty bare canvas presently. I have added some displacement to the greener areas so far. Perhaps the browner "wear" is a little strong. I was sort of going for a deforestation look and for scale it is not quite right. I just hate trees that look like dots, but for accuracy I shall reduce their size and add some variations.

luvsmuzik

Rock Face for TG4 free version by Dune

Erosion Classic plugin Trials of erosion on columnar rockface will continue. I also changed some variables in the node setup just for fun.

Dune

Third one is nice. You got rid of the nasty laterals that are visible on 1&2.

Kadri

Looks good. I like number 3 and 4 especially.

luvsmuzik

Springtime in erosionville

TG Creative presets
wood anemone tgo
campanulus tgo
Mr. Lampost bush 01c tgo

Dune

This one is really nice, except for the flowers. They are too big and a too defined spot, IMO.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 10, 2018, 06:11:36 PM
Springtime in erosionville

TG Creative presets
wood anemone tgo
campanulus tgo
Mr. Lampost bush 01c tgo

Really well done. Ditto on the flowers. Maybe some more colour variation on the bark of the trees. It looks a little solid, and maybe too bright so shadows seem strangely lit.

PS this reminds me of those old documentary scenes from the 90s, I expect a T-Rex to come walking out into the clearing at any moment...

luvsmuzik

Voronoi Triceratops skin

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 14, 2018, 05:06:18 PM
Voronoi Triceratops skin

Rawr! Lol Haha that's not bad. I thought it was a original texture.

luvsmuzik

Thanks WASasquatch! This time I did a little more fiddling. I am just messing with the merge shader and scale. Skin/hide is the basic voronoi cracks clip with a couple PFs thrown in for color blending. I may try a more tropical plant setup with the old prehistoric tree files ....just havin fun.

bobbystahr

the T Rex looks better but not overly fond of the Triceratops, maybe too much bump, and maybe add a wee bit of bump to T Rex as he seems to need detail.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

An old tgd file by WASasquatch, Bulbous cracks. Ran this through some mild erosion WIP

luvsmuzik

Here I halved or doubled the x,z values in vector constants for the voronoi noise

luvsmuzik

Slope contraints, fuzzy zone adjustments snow layer

I shall try some trees up top next...