New challenge

Started by Dune, November 09, 2018, 06:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I fixed all broken links, most having to do with reflective shaders and transform shaders, and a few multiply nodes, renamed them too, and hope it'll stay good from now on.
New iteration, and I think this'll be the concept to make them consider. It the peat image, they even fell over a thumb of one of the guys (not a middle finger  :P), so you can imagine how picky they are.

Any further ideas?

bobbystahr

Another wow with a heh heh heh added; the 3rd soldier from the left seems to have a long gun, many years before it's time.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 19, 2018, 08:50:41 AM
Another wow with a heh heh heh added; the 3rd soldier from the left seems to have a long gun, many years before it's time.

sorry Ulco, another hehehe... ;) The soldier in front pointing his finger to the right seems to have a modern uniform.

But a.) I can be wrong
(Perhaps I am confused because his clothes are similar to a camouflage suit)

But much more important: b.) WOW!

bobbystahr

This image is a test right? ...like where's waldo...off to look for more hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 19, 2018, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 19, 2018, 08:50:41 AM

sorry Ulco, another hehehe... ;) The soldier in front pointing his finger to the right seems to have a modern uniform.

But a.) I can be wrong
(Perhaps I am confused because his clothes are similar to a camouflage suit)

But much more important: b.) WOW!

looks like camo fatigues to me as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

The pointing guy in front is a civilian with dirty clothes. Looks like camo indeed; I'd better take it off. And I actually don't know whether late medieval soldiers (1500 AD) had long guns. Maybe I should make that a short musket. Good show, guys! I had given them a sword, but later saw that it resembled a samurai sword, so I had quite a job to replace those by a decent sword (for the next iteration).

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thanks, Bobby. I already had a look yesterday and found some small muskets. Quicker than making one myself  ;) Didn't know 'blunderbuss'. Nice name.

Dune

I had a go at a FullMetal Pullover  :P I have to study what they really look like, though....

bobbystahr

maybe less 'bendy' below the waist/skirt area I'd think but the texture rocks
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Dune

Update. Ground had to be much darker (clay), some new people, pop of long branches lining the embankment, etc..... Water now also has a depth related frothy coastline instead of a faked one.

sboerner

Definitely – water, boats, shadows, people. Foliage distributions look great, too.

bobbystahr

Nice, see you solved the boat problem...what. out of curiousity, was it?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New