Today's render

Started by Dune, July 10, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 17, 2019, 01:49:50 PM
Very nice mood to the clouds here. This is based on a painting that you did? Could you share? Or did I miss it?

The concerning original is in this post: Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 07:46:08 AM

Besides, Ulco this turns out as a real beauty! Good work!

Agura Nata

Great stuff, well done!
"Live and Learn!"

DannyG

Great atmosphere is right, well done Ulco
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2019, 01:32:11 AM
Well, I solved some issues, and got this so far. To accomodate for the chapel I pulled out the rock wall a bit (SSS+surface shader lateral displ), and to get the fall/water follow the terrain I switched some SF's places. Two holes burnt in the sky for the local light.
I don't think I'll completely get the painting copied. Might be possible with some careful landsculpting, but it's not worth the time. Quite satisfied with this already.
I'll have a look at some parts again, and maybe improve. Any suggestions are welcome, of course.

I have to comment again. This is even more atmospheric on my phone's 4k display and color tones. Really rich. Not sure if HDR settings do anything to do images (I don't think so) but sure looks whole lot different than my RX 480s output on my monitor.

Asterlil

This is an image I'd love to climb into. Beautiful!

Hannes

Stunning, Ulco!!!! This is a real piece of art.

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2019, 01:14:29 PM
Maybe a PT render would be nice too....

Oh yes, please!!!!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on July 21, 2019, 08:54:57 AM
Stunning, Ulco!!!! This is a real piece of art.

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2019, 01:14:29 PM
Maybe a PT render would be nice too....

Oh yes, please!!!!

agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

The problem is the water....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 21, 2019, 09:48:02 AM
The problem is the water....

D'oh...yeah, been reading about that. Hope PS fixes that by the time I can afford to upgrade my TG4.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

I'm working on a project with a similar issue atm. I need some smooth transparency made with your method using a water- (or glass shader). So I rendered the whole thing with the pathtracer and crop rendered the water area with the legacy renderer, and put it togwether in PS. I guess, it's worth it.

Oshyan

The water transparency will be working for PT in the final 4.4 release coming fairly soon (probably in August).

- Oshyan

DannyG

Quote from: Oshyan on July 21, 2019, 02:16:59 PM
The water transparency will be working for PT in the final 4.4 release coming fairly soon (probably in August).

- Oshyan

SWEEET!
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Yes, I know I can comp it, but am a bit lazy  :P I'll wait till August  ;) Sounds really good, Oshyan!!!!

In the meantime, I added some stuff and changed the rocks.

Hannes

Looks fantastic! Do you really need water transparency here? Maybe just reflections might look at least similar?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on July 22, 2019, 08:36:16 AM
Looks fantastic! Do you really need water transparency here? Maybe just reflections might look at least similar?

my thoughts as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New