Black Hole project revisited

Started by Ariel DK, September 05, 2019, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I actually don't know if the movement of a pop area will make instances locate at different locations (not relative to that movement I mean). I once noticed that a small movement just shifted them, and that would then work.

Ariel DK

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 29, 2019, 01:22:21 PMA really cool and almost hypnotic animation!

Unfortunately I don't know enough facts about relativistic effects around a blackhole.
I was impressed that the behavior of the "frozen" objects like the astronaut look correct. I could only imagine, that usualy from the perspective of the beholder we should be overtaken by debris... but they would slow down - or stuck in time too... theoretically...

Weird physics!

But just as interesting and nice looking effect without physical correctness you could let some debris rotate with the forground part of the accretion disk and some debris let overtake us... ? Just an idea... :o :)
Hi DocCharly65 (can i call you only Doc?) ;D

In the scale of the scene, the black hole have only 100 km of diameter, so is not so bigger. but if we traduce this to real scales, just the fact that you can see almost all the accretion disc, it means that this "little" black hole is so far from you, as we are from Mars. So yeah, we dont need to worry about the relativistic effects at this distances. a planetoid is also visible in the animation moving fast near the accretion disc, so, that should give you an idea about how far we are of the black hole. ;)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

DocCharly65

Real scale rendering is in fact not easy ... I tried it some years ago and almost killed the whole scene (usually Terragen also crashed after some frames rendering) when I tried to render a 1:1 earth with an Enterprise in a correct orbit with the correct speed... all values about some thousand kms and kms/h -- that was really too much for Terragen (3.3 as I remember) Not any GI interpolation and nothing else helped against flickering and the camera path began to be a chaotic fractal itself when I tried to change to slow or stopping scenes...  ;D ;D ;D

by the time we get older, more patient and a little bit more experienced ;)

Not the first time I read the short form "Doc" -- that's ok :)

Ariel DK

Quote from: DocCharly65 on December 03, 2019, 09:11:50 AMby the time we get older, more patient and a little bit more experienced ;)

I liked that line ;) 
About the rest, i not tried animations at real scale/velocities yet, but for eg, another users like Hannes haved some successful in this...

Ariel DK

The debris looks better now, and it seems that everything is ready for another (final?) animation, BUT, before that, one last still image...

WAS

Looks really nice. I have to say the HDRish tones on my main Samsung HD monitor dont look to good. They cause colour burning on the monitor (tones become flat and disconnected from gradient flows) but on my phone which is HDR they look amazing. My GPU isn't even outputting HDR on my PC so confused why it looks off.

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on December 04, 2019, 01:31:28 PMLooks really nice. I have to say the HDRish tones on my main Samsung HD monitor dont look to good. They cause colour burning on the monitor (tones become flat and disconnected from gradient flows) but on my phone which is HDR they look amazing. My GPU isn't even outputting HDR on my PC so confused why it looks off.
That's because this last image and animation, are not HDR enhanced :P
Check my 2nd older image and animation...

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on December 05, 2019, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: WAS on December 04, 2019, 01:31:28 PMLooks really nice. I have to say the HDRish tones on my main Samsung HD monitor dont look to good. They cause colour burning on the monitor (tones become flat and disconnected from gradient flows) but on my phone which is HDR they look amazing. My GPU isn't even outputting HDR on my PC so confused why it looks off.
That's because this last image and animation, are not HDR enhanced :P
Check my 2nd older image and animation...

Your HDR marked images aren't HDR? I thought I could read. I wasn't referring to the last image, I was specifically talking about the HDR ones and their effects across my monitors.

Latest image is nice but lackluster imo without HDR (maybe needs more colour variation). But HDR on my non-HDR monitor is a mess of burned colours and not cross compatible is what I'm saying (like other HDR images seem to be)

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on December 05, 2019, 02:00:44 PMI wasn't referring to the last image, I was specifically talking about the HDR ones and their effects across my monitors.

Oh okey. relax, you definitely can read, is just that i thought that you was referring to that last images. sorry.
i have just one HDR TV monitor, but i not always test all my images in my TV. i gonna do it again for the final animation for sure.

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on December 05, 2019, 08:49:46 PM
Quote from: WAS on December 05, 2019, 02:00:44 PMI wasn't referring to the last image, I was specifically talking about the HDR ones and their effects across my monitors.

Oh okey. relax, you definitely can read, is just that i thought that you was referring to that last images. sorry.
i have just one HDR TV monitor, but i not always test all my images in my TV. i gonna do it again for the final animation for sure.

I was being more sarcastic lol

I'm curious though how HDR images are done when it comes to non HDR displays. Not very familiar with it. I

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on December 06, 2019, 05:09:49 AMI was being more sarcastic lol
agh, i suspected but you catched me anyway! ::)

Quote from: WAS on December 06, 2019, 05:09:49 AMI'm curious though how HDR images are done when it comes to non HDR displays. Not very familiar with it.
Trust me, when analize in PS, you can notice the difference...

Ariel DK

Finally, the PT version. I'm happy with this one for now. I gonna work in another shot from the accretion disc.
As criticism, i lost the flashes of light from the inner disk when i decreased the starburst sensibility, but it was too high anyway so, i gonna need to find an equilibrium here.
Thanks to Oshyan and all of you for your support. happy christmas everyone!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pcxMacGZTxsmM0l0D_jJHBFpgs0TZk9N

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on December 24, 2019, 01:00:34 PMFinally, the PT version. I'm happy with this one for now. I gonna work in another shot from the accretion disc.
As criticism, i lost the flashes of light from the inner disk when i decreased the starburst sensibility, but it was too high anyway so, i gonna need to find an equilibrium here.
Thanks to Oshyan and all of you for your support. happy christmas everyone!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pcxMacGZTxsmM0l0D_jJHBFpgs0TZk9N

That looks really well done. I wonder how all this chaos happened. Failed hyperdrive jump? Lol

My only suggestion, and the only thing that really grabs my attention is the spinning clouds like forms don't move. Some sort of variance or breakup in the animation would give it life. Probably would destroy render times though. Not sure.

Ariel DK

Quote from: WAS on December 24, 2019, 02:21:55 PMThat looks really well done. I wonder how all this chaos happened. Failed hyperdrive jump? Lol

Haha, let's just say they just opened a portal to another universe where the "black hole" is much more than a non-famous Sith Lord, and there are new laws of physics that they still didn't know, to the point that his hyperdrive engine didn't even it works here... ;)

Quote from: WAS on December 24, 2019, 02:21:55 PM...

My only suggestion, and the only thing that really grabs my attention is the spinning clouds like forms don't move. Some sort of variance or breakup in the animation would give it life. Probably would destroy render times though. Not sure.
Are you meaning something like this? https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26496.0.html

In that case the accretion disc it was a simply animated vortex shader, but very difficult to control it. in my last scene i sacrificed that possibility, to gain more control by replacing the vortex shader by an image map. i did this trying to get more accurate look, and not so generic one. i'm sure i can make new tries in the future.

WAS

Quote from: Ariel DK on December 26, 2019, 10:57:26 AMHaha, let's just say they just opened a portal to another universe where the "black hole" is much more than a non-famous Sith Lord, and there are new laws of physics that they still didn't know, to the point that his hyperdrive engine didn't even it works here...
Hahaha, oh. Well than. That's certainly unfortunate.

Quote from: Ariel DK on December 26, 2019, 10:57:26 AMAre you meaning something like this? https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,26496.0.html

In that case the accretion disc it was a simply animated vortex shader, but very difficult to control it. in my last scene i sacrificed that possibility, to gain more control by replacing the vortex shader by an image map. i did this trying to get more accurate look, and not so generic one. i'm sure i can make new tries in the future.

Yeah similar to that. Thinking about how you have it setup now. You may be able to effect the soft zones of the Image map with a Surface Layers breakup, and maybe your original vortex setup to subtly change the look, like luminosity. While the shape does look better, it does somewhat look like some sort of solid object spinning, not light or energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Psuz7u5OI

In this animation it seems he/she is using a vortex, while also animating his base noise, and it looks pretty good for being so basic.