Black Hole project revisited

Started by Ariel DK, September 05, 2019, 06:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

So, i decided finish this one at big. i was working with Oshyan, who help me a lot rendering this for me, but i was some months out due personal problems, and i discontinue this work. whatever, lets get to work again!

The scene has obviously improvement from the last render that i post here, and i was thinking in a spaceship to tell some story, but maybe some kind of "Accident/Debris" scenery will work better...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-VO_evtxNd7AR5sV0G3pnbZccwfPl-BR
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hannes

Ariel DK

Thanks guys!
The new scene where I'm going to work: a broken spaceship corridor floating in the exterior zone of a stellar mass black hole.  ;D

For now i'm just preparing the scene, but before that, i noticed that in the render window the image looks good, but in the final tiff is too dark.
here is a PW version compared with the original one, somebody knows how to simulate enhance HDR tones inside TG? i know that TG have an EXR output, but no sure how to set it up for animations...

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Ariel DK

Final Presentation

Added some extra destruction and debris, i find out that i can use Photoshop for enhance HDR tones even with videos, without an image sequence, what was a surprise for an 8 years old PS user like me, so, you can always learn something new, and talking about that, this will be my 1st project where the camera animation was done entirely inside TG...

Ariel DK

It seems that improving the HDR tones of any video within PS creates a loss of resolution that i don't know how to avoid, so i directly used the TG tiff image sequence provided by Oshyan to make the final video, and yes, there is some strange artifacts and elements that need to be corrected:
- weird debris rotation
- Is supposed that box at the right side of the camera, is bouncing against the right wall of the tunnel, but there is some strange movement just before it disappear of the view
- There is a ghost, invisible, totally BLACK spaceship at the right in the final seconds, of course, is not supposed that should looks like that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vd2D7MEkhEbkDknClO1rm8AxMsqCRF3h

And finally, i need to choose a cool thematic to show: "Tetric Dead Astronauts", or "Star Wars Space Ruins"?  ;D 8)

Dune

Oshyan

Ariel DK

Quote from: Oshyan on September 26, 2019, 03:33:49 PMHmm, does this look familiar? :D

Yes it is! even before the M-87's Black Hole image was published, i already was investigated this stuff
the Doppler beaming effect in only one side of the disc, is something that i don't know how to replicate for now. rendering in layers and tweak in PS could be a better solution, which does not mean that i can't try to achieve this effect with some other artistic trick inside TG...

DocCharly65

Ariel DK

"Star Wars Vs Real Physics"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iTa474wCgjWKYyBOMXkFiwiPBtyo5qMQ

The Debris is still weird, but is an improvement ;D
I also opened this thread asking for a possible solution to the debris motion problem. any advice/help is welcome.

DocCharly65

A really cool and almost hypnotic animation!

Unfortunately I don't know enough facts about relativistic effects around a blackhole.
I was impressed that the behavior of the "frozen" objects like the astronaut look correct. I could only imagine, that usualy from the perspective of the beholder we should be overtaken by debris... but they would slow down - or stuck in time too... theoretically...

Weird physics!

But just as interesting and nice looking effect without physical correctness you could let some debris rotate with the forground part of the accretion disk and some debris let overtake us... ? Just an idea... :o :)

DocCharly65

I just read the other thread...  ;D

What if you mix about 5-6 pops of debris floating into the accretions disk direction?
And the same in the "overtaking us direction".

The pops staying still but the objects moving via translate in x,y or z (I dont know which is which in your project)

In every population a little difference of translating speed and a different rotation. All in linear mode.

With a little bit luck and experimenting you won't have floating objects through each other and you'll have a nice avraety because of the random rotation startposition of each object.

Without the rotation I used this method for my Starfleet City's air traffic... wasn't the worst decision :)

DocCharly65

Quote from: DocCharly65 on November 29, 2019, 01:54:53 PMThe pops staying still but the objects moving via translate in x,y or z (I dont know which is which in your project)
sorry... the other way around

translate the population area into x,y or z direction (I dont know which is which in your project)

only the rotation is done in the obj maker