Old Rock

Started by RichTwo, September 07, 2019, 05:42:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

With no planets, generic atmo, this took little over an hour in rendering.  That's versus the 30 odd minutes I was getting from Oshyan's set up.  But the only thing I used in this was the render nodes and I threw in some clips, basically starting anew.  So I know how to proceed now.  An hour isn't bad, but 30 minutes  is better.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

Dune

Nice again. But beware of throwing in clips! I've seen clips containing 100+ nodes for something that can be done in less than 10, thus reducing rendertime by 60%.

RichTwo

Point well taken, Ulco - some lessons are learned none too easily...

This one came out in about 40 minutes.  I sure did have to unplug and replug many nodes here and there but I think I have reached my personal benchmark in render times.

The planet has displacements, the atmo is denser, extra cloud layer.  It adds up and is more than I expected.  Really, I thought a 2 hour render was normal, for me anyway.

Not so much for critiques, but for observation.  Less is often more it seems.

OUCH!!! Did NOT mean to upload that heavy of an image!  I'll need to look into that.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

Tangled-Universe

That looks really great Rich!
Which clip file did you use for the rocks?
My fingers are really itching to give this scene a try myself, would that be possible?

Cheers,
Martin