castellum

Started by Dune, December 29, 2019, 05:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 03, 2020, 03:00:19 AMOne of the textures from that site. Forgot about the bump issue in PT though :(  (inside of temporary barrack)
That's doesn't look half bad. Could vary it up some, add some muddy indentation and may look pretty decent.

sboerner

Nice paved surface. 

What is the location?

Dune

It's a Belgian excavation site, Steve.
I have to see whether my warped Manhattan noise is worse, or better than this.
Here's an update with a new well being done, and some clouds that are not very good. And some new Romans.

Dune

One more guy, though his name is not really Roman (import).

j meyer

The wrinkles/grooves on the forehead of the last one look peculiar.
Are they sculpted or just a painted bump map or something else?

sboerner

QuoteIt's a Belgian excavation site, Steve.
Are the tiled roofs a Roman import, then? Just curious. I've read a bit of history about that area and it's fascinating . . . quite a nexus for commerce, going back a long way.

People are looking great. I'm sure Gaelic visitors weren't all that unusual. :D

Dune

Thanks for noticing that, Jochen. I'll modify the texture map a bit. It's indeed just a little to sharp. Same with some of the skinbumps.

I just heard that the barracks need woodchips for roofs, only the prinicipa and praetorium need imbrex and tegula, so I'll be busy building those the coming days. A lot of import, indeed. Or locally made under supervison of Romans, as there were also often local people in the Roman army. Had a hard time yesterday to fit a PS map for the embankments to LW made pallisades and entrances.

mhaze

Coming along nicely - great stuff.

N-drju

Nice stuff Ulco. I like the way how your characters literally evolve over time. :D Keep it up and in a few years you could rule DAZ store. 8)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 04, 2020, 08:32:10 AMOne more guy, though his name is not really Roman (import).

Lol.

I like the non-PT version for the surface details.

Dude in tgout-034 26m14s v4.4.46.1.jpg looks like he's scamming someone. Lol

Dune

I like to make them into characters, this one looks tough but when you see the way he runs, he's not so tough ;D

DocCharly65

OMG - it was just too early this morning, my eyes almost still closed and I was sooooo tired - so I was sure I saw John Cleese instead of McCallum ;D

Dune

Fill in the blanks if anyone feels like it ;D