Terragen 4 Beta: Color missmatch between RTP and final render

Started by ASK51, July 20, 2016, 03:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASK51

I am just trying out the Beta for skybox generation and I observed some (from my side) unexpected behavior which makes it in my opinion almost impossible to work correct and with predictable results.

I am using the RTP to get a better understanding of how my cloudscene looks and when I do the final render, all the colors are significantly different, most notably in a range of yellow to red I have the most shifts.
This makes it really hard to predict how the render will look in the end and it needs a lot of trial and error to get the colors right. In general, it feels like RTP is always more saturated and colors are more intense....in the final render, yellow/orange shifts are less strong and the image looks slightly more washed out in comparison.

My problem is that I really dont mind which one is the more accurate as long as they look the same, because right now, its very time consuming to get a final render that looks like what you came up with in RTP.

Are there any known issues with the consistency or is this just some sort of general limitation?

Thanks a lot!

Matt

Hi, welcome to the forum!

There is this:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21728.msg218519.html#msg218519

...and there may be some differences in the atmosphere. I'm aiming to improve in future.

However, saturation differences are not really what I would expect. I'd be interested to see some examples, if you can show them.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

ASK51

Max

Quote from: Matt on July 20, 2016, 04:02:48 AMHi, welcome to the forum!

There is this:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21728.msg218519.html#msg218519

...and there may be some differences in the atmosphere. I'm aiming to improve in future.

However, saturation differences are not really what I would expect. I'd be interested to see some examples, if you can show them.

Matt

Hi Matt,

i have the same issue. It is so hard to judge and in RTP it looks always really awesome with a lot of depth. But in the render viewer it is always washed out and the atmoshpere on the horizon is almost not visible until I use crazy saturation values in the atmosphere. Any news on that?

Cheers,
Max

WAS

Yeah the atmosphere od RTP and cloud lighting has never represented a render to me. Colors, contrast, etc dont seem to match. Good for rough idea of ray traced lighting