Swimming turtle

Started by Kevin F, May 07, 2008, 03:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

A quick and rough render to demonstrate that poser objects (turtle) and a rock made with PCRock both need Flip normals setting to allow colours to show under water. - see http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=3970.0

Mohawk20

Oh, nice scene.. looks alive!
Howgh!

rcallicotte

I love the color and the lighting.  Not a negative critique, but there's a surreal quality to this, especially since the rock looks like something from Van Gogh.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kevin F

Quote from: calico on May 07, 2008, 08:45:49 AM
I love the color and the lighting.  Not a negative critique, but there's a surreal quality to this, especially since the rock looks like something from Van Gogh.   ;D

yeh, I know what you mean. The turtle looks too clean and plastic like, so not real and the rock is too angular. Still, it's just a quick test of the principle. I've got a much nicer one rendering right now. Will post later.

rcallicotte

Cool, Kevin.  I like the color and what you're doing.  I look forward to the next render.

Kevin F

O.K. here's a much better one. Really happy with this one.
c&c welcome.

Seth

nvseal

Dang, that is easily some of the (if not the) best water I've ever seen. Perfectly realistic.

That said, I think the turtle needs more detail.  ;D

Kevin F

Quote from: nvseal on May 07, 2008, 02:17:14 PM
Dang, that is easily some of the (if not the) best water I've ever seen. Perfectly realistic.

That said, I think the turtle needs more detail.  ;D

Thanks, I'm very pleased with the water - well done Matt!. As for the turtle, I don't think it's detail that's needed, just a more "dirty" less clean/plastic look. Still it was free!

rcallicotte

Much better.  Did you do much postwork?

Mohawk20

Great water and rocks. I think the turtles needs a bumpmap for a bit of displacement on the shield...
Howgh!

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 07, 2008, 03:16:31 PM
Great water and rocks. I think the turtles needs a bumpmap for a bit of displacement on the shield...

Totally agree with that. That would also make the specular highlight a bit softer, probably.

The water and rocks look fabulous. I think the best water I've seen so far :)
The rocks look way better than the first one.
In overall a really great image :)

Martin

Kevin F

Quote from: calico on May 07, 2008, 03:06:15 PM
Much better.  Did you do much postwork?

Thanks everyone, no post work at all.

j meyer

Splendid water!
As for the shield:the highlight is direct over the seam between two of the
segments and that is most likely the culprit here,at least imo.But that should
be easy to fix either with a little bit of displacement or by moving light or
object. ;)

Kevin F

Quote from: Mohawk20 on May 07, 2008, 03:16:31 PM

Thanks. How would the bumpmap work exactly?