Starfield background (with space dust)

Started by moodflow, July 08, 2008, 01:55:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

July 08, 2008, 01:55:57 am Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:04:12 am by moodflow
You never know when the next emergency will strike! 

Just the other night, I was right in the middle of assembling my latest TG2 scene file.  Then, out of nowhere, I realized the scene must be Science-Fictionalized ASAP - or else!  Luckily, I had this clip file available and the problem was solved on the spot.  That was a close call for sure...  ;D

Many thanks to the other TG2 starfield pioneers.  You showed it was possible, so I figured I'd make one of my own, some of which was based off of previous ideas.  Its still a work in progress, but since I haven't had a chance to post or share in a while, I figured I'd go ahead and share this. 

Below is a native render featuring this clip file.  It renders quite fast.  This one took just over 2 minutes at 1024x768, quality 1.0.  TG2 is amazing yet again!

Be sure to click the image to see it fully sized.  It is a starfield after all.

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

lightning

thnx mate!! i might make a night scene with this

rcallicotte

Thanks moodflow.  Added to my collection...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mahnmut

Thats great.
I´m feeling humble.
you made it lightyears closer to the galactic center than I did.
Just posted an image using Pachalmars´ sci-fi sky, but I´ll have to try yours also.
Best Regards, Jan

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Selzier

When I import this clip file and render, I get large chunks of solid black in the sky. For example, in this render you can see a solid black piece on both the left and right sides. Any ideas why it doesn't render the full sky with stars?

Dune

rageracer

Thanks, downloading now.
This will be my first step to a night time scene  :)

Gooner

Thanks very much Moodflow, great starfield.  ;)

neon22

freelancah

I just realized this is fully procedural. I had earlier thought it was made with image map =) Very nice job!

JohnRidgway

This looks v. good. But is there a tutorial on where and how to apply it?

freelancah

"insert clipfile" from the menu and then delete the default background node so you dont have 2 overlapping eachother