Starfield background (with space dust)

Started by moodflow, July 08, 2008, 01:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodflow

You never know when the next emergency will strike! 

Just the other night, I was right in the middle of assembling my latest TG2 scene file.  Then, out of nowhere, I realized the scene must be Science-Fictionalized ASAP - or else!  Luckily, I had this clip file available and the problem was solved on the spot.  That was a close call for sure...  ;D

Many thanks to the other TG2 starfield pioneers.  You showed it was possible, so I figured I'd make one of my own, some of which was based off of previous ideas.  Its still a work in progress, but since I haven't had a chance to post or share in a while, I figured I'd go ahead and share this. 

Below is a native render featuring this clip file.  It renders quite fast.  This one took just over 2 minutes at 1024x768, quality 1.0.  TG2 is amazing yet again!

Be sure to click the image to see it fully sized.  It is a starfield after all.

http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

lightning

thnx mate!! i might make a night scene with this

rcallicotte

Thanks moodflow.  Added to my collection...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mahnmut

Thats great.
I´m feeling humble.
you made it lightyears closer to the galactic center than I did.
Just posted an image using Pachalmars´ sci-fi sky, but I´ll have to try yours also.
Best Regards, Jan

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Selzier

When I import this clip file and render, I get large chunks of solid black in the sky. For example, in this render you can see a solid black piece on both the left and right sides. Any ideas why it doesn't render the full sky with stars?

Dune

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

rageracer

Thanks, downloading now.
This will be my first step to a night time scene  :)

Gooner

Thanks very much Moodflow, great starfield.  ;)

neon22

freelancah

I just realized this is fully procedural. I had earlier thought it was made with image map =) Very nice job!

JohnRidgway

This looks v. good. But is there a tutorial on where and how to apply it?

freelancah

"insert clipfile" from the menu and then delete the default background node so you dont have 2 overlapping eachother