Parting the Sea

Started by Mohawk20, February 13, 2009, 11:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Quote from: MacGyver on March 10, 2009, 04:08:16 PM
Very good idea involving Moses into the scene... I suppose he'll be viewed from behind? Otherwise the face seems a bit too young for a man over 70 ;D

True, that was the idea, though some bumpmaps and textures could fix that easily if necessary.
Howgh!

Mohawk20

First test render in scene...

I still need to fix some overlapping issues, but I have faith  :P
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And the final moses:

I had to open the previous model in 3DsMax, delete everything that was not connected to the beard object, and I found that the beard was merged with the eyes and the chest part of the robe. So I deleted the vertexes that were attached to the beard, as far as I could select them without selecting pieces of beard with it.
Then exported the beard itself to obj, and merged it in PoseRay with the original Poser exported obj (which didn't have the beard). It fit perfectly, and below is the result.

Now for a nice spot to place him, overlooking the parted sea, and I think the project will be finished...
Howgh!

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Mohawk20

If you are wondering what happened to this project, I'm still working on it...

Actually I'm rendering the final image now, and it's just over halfway done (after 200 hours non-stop rendering).
Maybe high atmo quality and lots and lots of transparent water and reflective surfaces have something to do with that...  ;)

I'll post the result as soon as possible...
Howgh!

MacGyver

I'm curious! At least you had biblical render times ;D

Mohawk20

Hahahahaha  :D
Good one... :P
Howgh!

Mohawk20

I guess a preview is in order, as the rendertimes really are biblical by now...

You can also see how the surface is build up. And that I forgot to fix the altitude restraint of the algae layer  :-[

What do you think, is this Image of the Week worthy when it's finished?
Howgh!

cyphyr

Looking good, but I thought you were going to put a wreck in there and a stack of detritus on the ground?
richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mohawk20

Couldn't find a decent wreck...
Howgh!

MacGyver

Fantastic scene, love it! :o :D Haaa, I can smell the breeze :-*

Luminos

Long render, I imagine if this goes any longer you may just have to replace Moses with a water parting dinosaur
WoooOOooo I am WinDeXTor! I will clean your Soul! HA Ha ha (Echoing Laugh here)

Oshyan

That looks really cool! Nice work.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Cool, Mohawk.  You know you can always render in objects later in crops and then bring them in later by adjusting light values through Paint.Net or Photoshop, etc.  Right?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?