NWDA image contest - The WINNERS

Started by FrankB, May 12, 2009, 05:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Only about 20 entries? I would have thought anyone here would like to have a go. It's great fun. I've seen some beauties.

Henry Blewer

I just had a look at the contest gallery. The skill apparent in the gallery so far is wonderful. Good luck everyone! 8)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Today is the last day of the contest.

In case you have something finished, send it over now, until Today midnight CET.

From tomorrow to Friday (maybe into Saturday), the judges will take the time to review all these great submissions and I'll be back Saturday or Sunday to announce the winners.

Good job everyone! As I said earlier, I am impressed. I truly am.

Regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

The deadline for submitting your entry has just passed.

On behalf of the NWDA Team I thank you all very very much for all of your time and effort put into making this contest an already success.
The quality of the submissions is very high and we're very happy we've received many.

On a personal note and I think I can also speak on behalf on the other NWDA-members I really enjoyed the WIP's here at the forums.
It was very enjoyable to see so much interaction among members to get each others work improved and I think it is something which really distinguishes our community from others.
Eventually it was clear that all these interactions, critiques, suggestions and whatever-you-name-it really resulted in better and better work with each incremental version.
It will be tough to choose the winners for both categories :)

Again, thank you all for your participation, dedication and your support of our first contest ever. We've learned a lot from it as well.
Like Frank said the winner-announcements will be made by him in the weekend.

Cheers!

Martin

rcallicotte

This was a great idea.  I hope you all do this again.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

And the winners are.... http://nwda.webnode.com/nwda-image-contest/

Congratulations, very well deserved! It was a great pleasure for the entire team, to have to vote over sooo many super high quality renders! Thanks!

Best regards,
Frank

PS: winners will be contacted by me shortly, to get their prizes :-)

buzzzzz1

Congratulations to the Winners and Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it! 
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

domdib

Very worthy winners. Congrats to everyone and thanks to the judges!

Hetzen

Well done guys. Good efforts from all. And thanks to NWDA for putting the time to organise this.

Cheers

Jon

Thelby

Well Deserved Wins and as you say, Very Hard to judge contest!
Great work to Everyone!!!!!

littlecannon

Congrats to the winners and well done everyone... it was great fun doing this and hopefully there will be another.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Henry Blewer

I am glad these were picked. They show Terragen 2's capabilities well. It was fun, and I learned a lot. Thanks!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

congratulations guys !
it was very hard to be a judge.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did !

Gannaingh

Wow! Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would win, all the entries were awesome and I can't begin to understand the difficulty in choosing the winners. It was very encouraging to see the amount of friendly comments and advice that was shared be the members on this forum towards the people submtting contest entries; such an atmosphere can only serve to help improve the work of all the members here. I hope that another such competition could happen in the future as this was a good way for members to experiment and broaden their artistic mindset, it truely was a lot of fun to participate in.

edit: due to a lapse in my memory I forgot all my login info so I've had to create a new account ???

Hetzen

Well done chap, that was a cracking render, and well deserved.