WIP Solid Dunes

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, March 20, 2010, 06:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

IT'S.........

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT?
THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO!
PEANUTBUTTERJELLYPEANUTBUTTERJELLYPEANUTBUTTERJELLYWITHABASEBALLBAT!

You really must excuse my idiocy here, Z, I'm not really 11 years old. That just couldn't be avoided!
I was reminded of the Family Guy episode where Brian re enacts this imbecilic tune. :D

Cool surface in the latest one!

Oshyan

The reason for the errors is probably due to reflectivity calculations on very rough surface, causing lots of interreflection. Are you using soft reflection at all?

- Oshyan

Zairyn Arsyn

Oh no! the toxin has gotten into DandelO's brain! hes losing it now...oh wait, he already sorta had.....:D :D

i warned ya! :D :D
Quote from: dandelO on March 25, 2010, 09:12:11 PM
IT'S.........

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT? WHERE HE AT?
THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO! THERE HE GO!

You really must excuse my idiocy here, Z, I'm not really 11 years old. That just couldn't be avoided!
I was reminded of the Family Guy episode where Brian re enacts this imbecilic tune. :D

Cool surface in the latest one!
oh-
i think im going to incorporate your cracks shader in a upcoming render, and tweak it a bit.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: Oshyan on March 26, 2010, 01:15:21 AM
The reason for the errors is probably due to reflectivity calculations on very rough surface, causing lots of interreflection. Are you using soft reflection at all?

- Oshyan
thats what i figured
yeah that one render had some rough displacements in some parts, as for soft reflections i dont know, i was using the water shader for reflections
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dduane

Quote from: Redwolf on March 24, 2010, 04:03:18 AM
is this what you are looking to do?
its the same sort of method I used with a render I posted in ashundar yesterday, but the file went corrupt, so i started another one but with no terrain. this is just surface layer with a powerfractal attached.

Redwolf, this is exactly the effect I'm looking for at the moment. Can you tell me something about the settings on the power fractal?

Best! -- Diane
Diane Duane | The Owl Springs Partnership | Co. Wicklow, Ireland
SF and fantasy fiction from the author via Amazon or https://ebooks.direct