UK General Elections 2010. Which way did you vote.

Started by cyphyr, May 06, 2010, 11:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which way did you vote?

Labour
0 (0%)
Conservative
1 (10%)
LibDem
5 (50%)
Other
1 (10%)
Did not vote
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: May 08, 2010, 11:10:41 AM

cyphyr

Sorry I'm a politics junkie :)
I know people can get sensitive about this kind of thing but you don't have to leave a msg saying which way you voted, in fact you don't have to do anything!! lol
I thought of adding in all the small parties, green, UKIP, the British Nazi Party (they really can't take a joke!!) but that would have entailed too much work, couldn't be bothered ...
So will this poll reflect tomorrows national poll?
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Seth

Quote from: cyphyr on May 06, 2010, 11:10:41 AM
the British Nazi Party (they really can't take a joke!!)

BNP ?
British National Party ?

cyphyr

Yep, do you think I should remove that line so as to not offend, to treat all politics with the decorum they deserve?
Think I'll leave it in for now
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dandelO

I'm the one non-voter so far. ^^

You're damned if you do - damned if you don't, in my opinion. Whichever government gets the seat, they're still answerable to the invisible government running the show. Really, what's the point? I voted once, when I was 18 and eligible to for the first time. Jail me!

Ready and waiting a barrage of contrary opinions as to my apathy...

Seth

Quote from: cyphyr on May 06, 2010, 11:27:44 AM
Yep, do you think I should remove that line so as to not offend, to treat all politics with the decorum they deserve?
Think I'll leave it in for now
Richard

I hate politically correct stuff ^^
keep it as it is, maybe we'll have more troll ;)

domdib

"the invisible government"

Care to elaborate? N.B. I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm just curious what that phrase means to you.

PG

LibDem for me. Labour seem incapable of following through with what they say and the tories are more contradictory than Nick Griffin's stance on foriegn policy. They keep saying they want to downsize or scrap targets for the public sector but fail to mention that they were they ones who created them with Margaret Thatcher and then increased their number under John Major, who had under his employ, David Cameron as a special advisor to the PM on a number of issues including setting targets for the NHS and schools.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

otakar

A strong third party certainly makes things interesting. What I love, though, is the one-month election campaign. In this unnamed country campaigns take years and waste hundreds of millions...

dandelO

Of course, Dombib. I mean that no matter who will win the election in numbers, they will still be answerable to the major powers running the show, behind the scenes.
We have the European Union... Nothing but a dressed up way of creating a smaller area to be controlled by an ultimately one-world-government. We have a relatively new currency in the Euro, soon(maybe not in the next little while but, soon) we'll all be spending/trading with the World-dollar, or whichever it will be named.
With GB in cahoots with the U.S. and its politics, we are pretty much resigned to conforming with whatever is fed to us, in the form of 'alliance', be it wars, economy, whatever.
I believe the members of parliament/government(in our Western monopolies) are nothing but spokespersons for the actual ones running the show, Gordon Brown is recently mentioning more and more a 'New World Order', making it a more widely acceptable phrase for the general public to be used to when talking of the future of our governments. We do not/should not have the rights to name and claim an entire political movement, involving the entire world.

This is simply(I believe, I'm not forcing this issue on anyone) a way of bringing everyone together in a supposed democracy, and never forget, in a democracy, you'll only ever have the right to choose from a pre-selected number of choices given to you. That is not any kind of freedom for 'The People'. We invade countries and ultimately force this democracy upon the people of those countries.
Who set up and put in place a 'democratic government' in Iraq(as a popular example), a people who neither asked nor wanted one in the first place? Sure, a lot of people didn't like Saddam's rules there... A lot did, however. What gives us any right to be the judge of that and force our own setup on these people? It's called Globalization and it's happening behind the scenes.

Some viewing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUIQXMECGI&feature=PlayList&p=D0C955ED315BC2B8&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1
Dig a little further and you'll uncover more and more, you'll never see it on the news, the papers etc. The invisible government is running the show.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: dandelO on May 06, 2010, 11:51:49 AM
I'm the one non-voter so far. ^^

You're damned if you do - damned if you don't, in my opinion. Whichever government gets the seat, they're still answerable to the invisible government running the show. Really, what's the point? I voted once, when I was 18 and eligible to for the first time. Jail me!

Ready and waiting a barrage of contrary opinions as to my apathy...
`

Well, I'm with you here I think. I must admit I vote most of the times, but with much hesitation because of this very reason. I still do vote, for the sake of the people around me who expect me to do so. I try to vote sensibly but in the end, like you say, it doesn't matter what you vote it seems.

The invisible government = banks / oil companies / weapon manufacturers / pharmaceuticals / insurance companies etc. These guys run the show and control the political agenda world-wide. I guess everybody has once heard about the Bilderberg conference? Nowadays it's not that extremeley secretive as it used to be, hence that guestlists are public now, but once it was top-secret and subject of much speculation. People thought that at these conferences the political agenda was written for the coming year(s) and that arrangements were made in deep secret.

Nowadays you can see who joins these conferences. Who are the guests? The political leaders of the main industrial countries, top bankers, top oil guys, top weapon manufacturers, top pharmaceuticals, top insurance companies...top everything.
What they discuss is still a secret, but it is known that it is an "informal gathering" where all these people discuss the ongoing problems and strategy.
It is common sense to think that during these conferences ideas are being shared while chit chatting with a cup of tea and deals are made or leaders are convinced/persuaded by a lobbying top guy from whatever industry.
War in iraq, mexican flu (Dutch most renowned virus researcher was partner of a company which had to produce the vaccine), the Lissabon convention (the people of some countries voted against, but eventually this convention has silently been enforced without any possible public interference)...

Just a couple of examples which decreases my confidence in the system and voting...

dandelO

Ha ha, I'm glad someone else here is a bit clued up on this, maybe it's a 'Martin' thing. :D.
Usually, I'd just get a funny, pitying, smiley look from a person if I bring up names like Bilderberg, Rothschild or, anything relating to these subjects. I wonder how many of you gave me that look when I typed there? ^^ :D It's the very look I gave my partner in 2001 when she tried to educate me that there was some terrible orchestration going on with the media/government. 'Get a grip!' said I. 'Of course the government wouldn't inflict these tragedies on the people!' :S Then's where I decided to investigate for myself. I'm glad I did.

I guess if it's not in the generally broadcast media, like TV, newspapers and such then, people just won't accept such things.
I'd encourage anyone to investigate these subjects, you might just be intrigued enough to dig in and enlighten yourself on some highly disturbing matters about the way our societies are controlled. Disgusting!

You're also free to just give me a funny, pitying, smiley look. It's up to yourself! :D

efflux

I'm clued up.

What does the word "democracy" mean. It essentially means mob rule.

The only system that is any good is a republic like the US with a decent constitution not simply a "democracy". Of course the US is not this any more. British Empire (New World Order, Globalist or whatever you want to call it) agent from Kenya, Barry Soetoro (Obama) will make sure of this even although he is of course just a prompt screen reading puppet. He was indirectly funded by City Of London bankers (the real tumour centre of globalism). I have already mentioned (probably years ago) on this forum that the aim is to destroy the US. When does this concept become clear enough?

You should always vote until it's clear that the system is completely dysfunctional then it's civil war. It's not quite that bad yet. Could be heading that way next week if dictator Brown decides to stay. I voted UKIP not because I believe everything they stand for but the basics are OK. Least worst option in my opinion.

The Euro is designed to destroy the countries that joined it like the PIGS. This is the bankers name for Portugal, Italy (maybe Ireland - not sure or maybe both) Greece and Spain. Any nation state that hands it's currency over to a foreign or supra government power is insane.

PG

Actually, if you look at the state of each currency before the euro you'll find that most of them were pretty much worthless, that's why Greece, Portugal, Italy, Austria, and Denmark joined the euro, because their currency wasn't strong enough to be able to gain investment in their government bonds.

I really don't buy into this "New World Order" thing, no one would gain anything from it other than perhaps anarchists, because it'd be a lot easier to build support. You can argue that CEO's and other businessmen would become immensely rich from it, which could potentially be true, but their businesses would stagnate from lack of competition in trade which would have a knock on effect of the stock market grinding to a halt, all connected currencies plummeting in value and their immense wealth suddenly being worth less than if they'd left things alone.

We only have integration of nations, more substantial cooperation that we've avoided for centuries, prefering to war over territory and resources. Now we're pooling our resources instead. So I await the messages of hate with bated breath, more superficial evidence of globalism and possibly a photoshopped picture of Obama doing tequila shots with the Taliban.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Seth

Quote from: efflux on May 09, 2010, 05:10:46 PM

What does the word "democracy" mean. It essentially means mob rule.

agree

I don't vote anymore. I voted last time in 1995.