Canyon WiP

Started by Rudolfking, May 23, 2010, 04:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolfking

Hi all,
I added stones, improved the atmospherics (illuminate sun, ray-traced shadows, haze density, colours), tried to breakup the strata (with less than more success I think).
Now I need even more detail to the wall, and improve the shoreline...
Any comments, ideas are appreciated :)

Kadri

Nice wall surface  :) I think it is what you want , but i would lower the haze !

domdib

To be honest, I don't think you will need more detail on the wall, it looks pretty good already, and as this may be animated, details will get a little blurred anyway. The one thing I would change is that this image looks a little grainy in the atmo, so perhaps more atmo samples? Or as Kadri says, you could try lowering haze.

Rudolfking

I have a 1-core system, so I have to use low quality settings, including 16 atmo samples, and ray-tracing OFF for WiP renders. If I have a night to render, then I turn them on, and atmosphere samples up to 64 (or 128?).
Yes, I forgot, that it will be an animation, less "up-close" quality needed (poor free edition, no motion blur :-\ ).
Thanks for suggestions, I return to the Node Network now :)

Rudolfking

Another render reaching the lake, leaving the cave.
Now I go to Italy for a short week (or long weekend), till my return I'm only planning :)
By the way, the cave is much shorter to avoid boring dark (f)light...

domdib

Nice atmospheric shot. Like the slight shininess of the walls.

inkydigit

reminiscent of Alcantara gorge in Sicily...great pic!

Rudolfking

One more month? That is great :)
I have many ideas (some tree logs or leaves in the water, maybe not only a simple path animation, rather some curves or narrow canyons...), maybe I'll have time to work on it.
I would have submitted my entry till Juli 15th, but final renders should ha been on Tuesday. Why earlier?:)

Zairyn Arsyn

your last render looks really great, nice work on lighting/water/canyon surfaces.

looking forward in seeing your next iteration for this.
:)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Rudolfking

A new, detailed render, with a master quality of 0.8, AA 3, atmosphere samples 64 or 96, ray-tracing on (on atmosphere), in 800*300.
This is the part when you leave the cave - it-s a "wall-flip" so the camera turns around (upside down), so the whole path is not only a few meters above the water.
I found some cumulus on planetside forums, now I'm working on the cloud layers, added some new features (I like that distance shader :) ).

domdib

Very nice detail on the walls.

Henry Blewer

Agree. Nice texturing.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Rudolfking

Added new wall at the end.
There is a serious bug on displacement at the left hand side. I have to identify, what kind of shader (combo) makes this... Editing the image won't work in an animaton :)

Zairyn Arsyn

other than the displacement bug that looks really good, the details around the water and the wet ground look great! :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Rudolfking

What is the exact deadline (here in Europe)?
I am currently rendering, and not sure it will be finished tomorrow (1 day before the deadline).