Please Sign

Started by rcallicotte, August 04, 2010, 07:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

Islam = religion
Islamism = politic behavior using Islam to rule people

Rhalph, you can't say inquisition and islamism terrorism is the same thing, Inquisition took place 500 years ago. 500 years ago !!! not today !
and you dislike all the religion, saying that priests rape kids, forbid gay marriage, etc... so I don't truely understand your point of view defending muslims behavior in the countries they rule. Pakistan and Indonesia for example don't seem to be a good place to live in if you're not muslim uh ^^
you are not even allowed to enter the Mecca because you're an infidel ;D

anyway, I think all religions can be good if you take the "good" morale written in their books : don't kill, don't steal, etc... but using any religion as a politic law, that is truely what could bring more death upon humanity.

Muslim still are in 1431 but Islmaists shouldn't act like middle-age inquisitors.

I understand both point of view. I grew up with muslims, I work with a majority of muslims, and I don't see the problem with that.
But I wouldn't like to be ruled by Shariah.

And hell, pork is so gooooood !

Henry Blewer

There are a lot of Muslims living here, Binghamton NY, now. They are good people.

At least they don't try to convert this old pagan, as some Christians do.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

just heard the imam of this mosque on the news in France !!!
sooo... he thinks that USA deserved 911 ?!

Seth

Quote from: njeneb on August 05, 2010, 02:11:39 PM

converted muslims are not equal to born muslims.

Kadri

Quote from: Seth on August 05, 2010, 02:18:55 PM
converted muslims are not equal to born muslims.

Worser! They are used as good examples like Cat Stevens how good it is !
The opposite doesn't count for some reason  :)

cyphyr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42p2SO5wQag

Can the rest of us have our planet back? Good rant by Marcus Brigstocke, sums up my feelings quite well.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Quote from: cyphyr on August 05, 2010, 02:23:52 PM

Can the rest of us have our planet back? Good rant by Marcus Brigstocke, sums up my feelings quite well.
Richard

Couldn't understand all of it , but what i could was nice and funny :)

FrankB

Quote from: cyphyr on August 05, 2010, 02:23:52 PM

Richard

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!! Thanks Richard for sharing this!

piggy

Quote from: njeneb on August 05, 2010, 02:11:39 PMThere are a lot of Muslims living here, Binghamton NY, now. They are good people.

My answer to you is: "Not Yet !"

Islam's MO is very simple.

When they are the minority they play the peaceful victim role. They live peacefully and piously, setting an example to all that Islam is good.

So much so that many others may join them.

And just when they start to grow and grow and their influence expands leaps and bounds, they start exerting their "rights", like their "rights to Sharia laws" - as in what is happening in England right now.

Then they will say that their women have the right to cover their whole body like a mummy, in open spaces - even though that means they could hide weapons and bombs and nobody would ever notice it.

Any reaction - like the one in France, for example - in restricting the so called "muslims' rights", they will cry foul.

That's the 2nd step.

And when their power grows some more they start to have control power, the 3rd step begins.

They will impose Sharia laws, first on muslims only, and then they start impose it on non-muslims, step by tiny step, taking away the rights of the non-muslims.

That is happening in Malaysia where I stay (late 3rd step/early 4th step), and it is happening (1st step) in America, (2nd step) in England, (2nd step) in France, (2nd to 3rd step) in Italy, (early 3rd step) in Spain and many other Western countries.

BTW, do you know that in Spain the muslims demand that the Catholics "return" to them a Cathedral so that they can make it a mosque?

The muslims' claim is simple: It was a mosque before the Catholics turned it into a Church.

But the same muslims forgot something - before the mosque was a mosque, it was a Church !

That Cathedral began its life as a Church, and when the Moors attacked and conquered Spain they (the Moors) turned that Church into a mosque. After the Moors were defeated the Catholics turned that building back into a Cathedral.

Now the muslims are demanding that the "mosque" is theirs.

Can you believe that? And yes, it is happening, in Spain, Europe.

It's an early sign of their "3rd step".

nikita

As much as I dislike religions - what you have written is just a conspiracy theory.
Of course, muslims are upset when you force them to act against their religion. You'd be angry too if someone would interfere with your religion like that. That's no step in a plan for world domination - it's called freedom of religion. A freedom designed to prevent exactly the shit you are in right now.

Of course, the best thing would be not to have religion in the first place but for now we have to deal with it.

Henry Blewer

I have to go by the people I know. I don't like stereotypes.
I don't like people right off. It takes time to get to know them. Then I decide if I can stand them.
The Muslim people I have met here have been decent and hard working. Most are well educated and well informed. I know many Americans who are neither. (And they have college degrees; how I do not know. I guess ignorance isn't limited to the under-educated.)

piggy

Quote from: nikita on August 05, 2010, 08:14:11 PMAs much as I dislike religions - what you have written is just a conspiracy theory.
Of course, muslims are upset when you force them to act against their religion. You'd be angry too if someone would interfere with your religion like that. That's no step in a plan for world domination - it's called freedom of religion. A freedom designed to prevent exactly the shit you are in right now.

Of course, the best thing would be not to have religion in the first place but for now we have to deal with it.

It was the muslims who sneaked into the Church, stole our sacraments, took pictures of the spat out sacraments and then post them in their magazine to support their lies that "Christians are converting muslims", which the Christians will never do because the local laws strictly forbid anyone messing with the muslims.

The same law that forbids anyone messing with the muslims allows the muslims to mess with anybody else they want.

Now who is in the conspiracy theory business? The Christians or the muslims?

Did the Christians sneak into their mosque and stole whatever that is significant to their religion and then took picture and post them in their Christian magazine and make false claims?

Did the Christians do all that?

The muslims are carrying out all those dastard acts and yet you are saying that I am in the consipracy theory business. No wonder the West is falling to the hands of Islam.

I do not want to post very gory pictures in this board, I will only post news summary and the links.

See for yourself what Islam is capable of doing:

Indonesia: 3 Christian girls beheaded
Bandits beheaded the girls as they walked to school. One of the heads was left outside a church.
https://www.christianpost.com/article/20051029/three-teenage-christian-schoolgirls-beheaded-in-indonesia/index.html

Attacks on Christian churches increasing in modern, moderate Indonesia
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/07/attacks-on-christian-churches-increasing-in-modern-moderate-indonesia.html

MUSLIM STUDENTS' RACIAL SLURS against UK Christian teacher get TEACHER fired
http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com/2009/07/18/muslim-students-racial-slurs-against-uk-christian-teacher-get-teacher-fired/

neuspadrin

Piggy, a lot of your opinion comes from your time in Malaysia, which is quite a different atmosphere culturally, religion, and politically.  The main issue of this article is that it is happening in the USA where freedom of religion is right there in our Bill of Rights (the very first one, tied with freedom of speech).  Being bias against a religion by LAW in our country is illegal.  Even if someone who was Muslim came in and did horrible things.

It's unfortunate these things happen anywhere in the world, but many countries out there have huge issues that happen in them based off any number of things.  Malaysia's atmosphere is a lot different from that of others, and when you are born into those cultures and that's all you've ever known then it's hard to get them to change.  I used to live minutes away from Malaysia in Singapore and it was completely different even though they are so close.  Many Muslims I knew there were kind, helpful, caring people.  Same here in the USA.  And here in the US there is plenty of religious bias and horrible things Christians do based off their religion.  Yet their are also plenty of nice and lovely people who are also Christian.

But we really should keep to the issue of what this topic is talking about with this thread, concentrated for here in the USA as that is where it is happening.  Going to a global scale of religions would just cause an explosion of any argument possible. The world is filled with horrible things.

Also no offense but your links are quite biased, even just based off their domain names.  I could probably find plenty of Christians doing horrible things against other religions just as easily. Or any religion doing anything bad.  Hell here in the US there are plenty of school aged children who would gladly tell you they want to kill all Muslims, and their teachers WON'T correct them as they believe the same thing.  Hell there are people out there who think Obama is a secret Muslim sneaking in to take over the world because of his name. 

Quote from: nikita on August 05, 2010, 08:14:11 PM
This has just been in my head almost all of the reading of this thread ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw

I don't see this going anywhere productive guys, those who believe and those who don't will both be stubborn on issues like this, and I believe most of the members here see/understand the other side, but still will stick to theirs.  

Yes this issue could be seen as a huge offense to the victims and the country, but at the same time it is also a violation of the freedom of religion our country believes in while also stereotyping an entire religion as extremists based off the actions of a few.

Lets keep the forum civil and move on.  

Henry Blewer

piggy

You are welcome to continue your denial. It's your life. It's your country. It's the future of your children anyway.

If you think that just because the links I provided are from some biased website the stories aren't true, please go ask the parents of the 3 Indonesian Christians girls whose head got chopped off by the muslims.

See if just because the story of their beheading was carried by website that are "biased" to your opinion, and to you, the story must be untrue, let us hope and pray that the 3 Christian girls were not beheaded and they should be fine and alive today.

God Bless.

Quote from: neuspadrin on August 05, 2010, 09:57:11 PMPiggy, a lot of your opinion comes from your time in Malaysia, which is quite a different atmosphere culturally, religion, and politically.  The main issue of this article is that it is happening in the USA where freedom of religion is right there in our Bill of Rights (the very first one, tied with freedom of speech).  Being bias against a religion by LAW in our country is illegal.  Even if someone who was Muslim came in and did horrible things.

It's unfortunate these things happen anywhere in the world, but many countries out there have huge issues that happen in them based off any number of things.  Malaysia's atmosphere is a lot different from that of others, and when you are born into those cultures and that's all you've ever known then it's hard to get them to change.  I used to live minutes away from Malaysia in Singapore and it was completely different even though they are so close.  Many Muslims I knew there were kind, helpful, caring people.  Same here in the USA.  And here in the US there is plenty of religious bias and horrible things Christians do based off their religion.  Yet their are also plenty of nice and lovely people who are also Christian.

But we really should keep to the issue of what this topic is talking about with this thread, concentrated for here in the USA as that is where it is happening.  Going to a global scale of religions would just cause an explosion of any argument possible. The world is filled with horrible things.

Also no offense but your links are quite biased, even just based off their domain names.  I could probably find plenty of Christians doing horrible things against other religions just as easily. Or any religion doing anything bad.  Hell here in the US there are plenty of school aged children who would gladly tell you they want to kill all Muslims, and their teachers WON'T correct them as they believe the same thing.  Hell there are people out there who think Obama is a secret Muslim sneaking in to take over the world because of his name. 

Quote from: nikita on August 05, 2010, 08:14:11 PM
This has just been in my head almost all of the reading of this thread ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw

I don't see this going anywhere productive guys, those who believe and those who don't will both be stubborn on issues like this, and I believe most of the members here see/understand the other side, but still will stick to theirs. 

Yes this issue could be seen as a huge offense to the victims and the country, but at the same time it is also a violation of the freedom of religion our country believes in while also stereotyping an entire religion as extremists based off the actions of a few.

Lets keep the forum civil and move on.