Reality Render 2

Started by rcallicotte, February 09, 2012, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Then DAZ Studio is your best friend, it has a great figure posing setup, I do like messing around with Victoria and Michael now and again. Ooo-errr! Not in that way!

Don't forget to sign up for the DAZ weekly newsletter, you always get at least one model freebie every week, usually shite, like a bunch of swords or other things to do with character rendering that you'll never want but now and again you'll get a really cool thing you can use in general scenes without needing any characters, I got a lovely set of chopping blocks and an axe before, a nice bridge, Swiss Army knife. It's pot-luck really but the models are always of a good, high quality.

rcallicotte

Hey guys, Daz Studio 4 Professional is free for a limited time along with other DAZ products.  I would recommend the run and grab.   :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

Yup, I snatched the Hexagon and Bryce 7 downloads already to see how well they are progressing, still haven't installed either. I already have DAZ Studio 4's free version, I didn't bother updating to pro, no point I thought, I'll never use it for much and the free one lets me do everything I need for now. Maybe I'll grab it anyway while I can, just so I have it later if I find that I do need it.

TheBadger

Hey calico, dandelO,

Lets pursue this! Lets see what we can do with those programs and see how useful they might be for terrageners. It sounds as though they can be used, at least, to make objects. But also people to import? Imagine a TG shot filled with people! I haven't seen to much of that, or any really.
It has been eaten.

dandelO

Have a hunt around for some of Klas' images, he's done the best people based renders from programs like these coupled with TG, I think. He went a long way into making a nice method to implement the hair shaders for his character models in Terragen, looks great.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Only found this one: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=9172.0

But I think at a short distance that level of realism would work well! With the right lighting and other concerns attended to, the possibilities are endless.

Im going to install the software tonight and see about getting started.
It has been eaten.

dandelO

rcallicotte

Pro has GoZ, Photoshop Bridge and a lot of other options for animation, etc.  I recommend it.  It's FREE or did I mention that?   :P

Quote from: dandelO on February 15, 2012, 09:50:21 AM
Yup, I snatched the Hexagon and Bryce 7 downloads already to see how well they are progressing, still haven't installed either. I already have DAZ Studio 4's free version, I didn't bother updating to pro, no point I thought, I'll never use it for much and the free one lets me do everything I need for now. Maybe I'll grab it anyway while I can, just so I have it later if I find that I do need it.

dandelO

What is this GoZ, Calico? I thought it was a ZBrush plugin to allow you to open ZB iinside another app, is that right, you get to use ZBrush inside DAZ Studio?
I assume you need to already own ZB and that it doesn't just install a voxel sculptor into DAZ for free? That would be great as I don't have ZB.
I downloaded the Studio Pro files yesterday so, I have all the available files now, I'll install them when I get around to it.

j meyer

Hey Martin,if you don't mind I'll give you a short answer.Basically GoZ is
a feature that allows you to take a ZB model from ZB to another app (max,
maya etc) to make changes to the topology or the UVs or so and then bring
it back to ZB where the changes should be accepted automatically and that
without having to close ZB or the other app.You can do that with any other
modeling package using the normal export/import features too of course.
I hope that makes some sense to you.

Btw is Bryce7 capable of multithreading?

dandelO

rcallicotte

Someone as creative as you should look into a way to purchase zBrush (in my limited opinion).  I wish you could have it to see what I mean.  Have you looked into educational pricing for zBrush? 

Quote from: dandelO on February 17, 2012, 10:50:18 AM
Thanks, J. :)