Ponte Salario

Started by Dune, October 09, 2012, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

OMG! Totally missed this thread!

Ulco, this is amazingly beautiful! Hands down the best and most complex TG2 scene I have seen since... Well maybe ever.

Frank

inkydigit

I am almost speechless after the last one!
:)

Dune

FrankB

Actually love this on my desktop. I gave it a bit of a vintage look in post.

Tangled-Universe

That postwork is totally awesome Frank!

FrankB

Thank you! Glad you like it. :-)

To be totally honest, I can't take a lot of credit for it. There is an awesome image manipulation program called Snapseed, which I have been using since a year now. It has some very sophisticated filters, and I am merely fine tuning and applying them.

And let's not forget that if it weren't for Ulco, there would be no image to throw effect filters on at all ;-)

I can totally recommend this program, it's also quite cheap. It runs on iOS (iphone/ipad) and Mac OS. I have no idea if it runs on Windows or other platforms - perhaps it does.

Frank

Dune

Very nice effect, Frank. Have to take a look at that little prog.

bla bla 2

Wouah, on dirait un tableau de dessin.

Simius Strabus

One could use the vintage image on a postcard. Absolutely stunning! :)
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

Dune

A final one, with more restrained wet river edges, more trees in the distance and slightly more fill light. I changed the pops for the animation, so the trees are at different locations. No soft shadows this time, which from this POV doesn't make a huge difference.

mhaze

FrankB

Hi Ulco, this is another beautiful render of that gorgeous scene.
Only one thing irritates me from this perspective: the bridge doesn't seem perpendicular to the stream, as it should be.

Cheera
Frank

efflux

Quote from: FrankB on November 21, 2012, 05:26:53 AM
Actually love this on my desktop. I gave it a bit of a vintage look in post.

This post effect is very cool. I think some of the greens in the original are too bright. I had a TG2 image open in Gimp and accidentaly used a brush I had made to create dirty marks. It was strange how this effect just on one part of the picture made it look more like a photo.

Dune

QuoteOnly one thing irritates me from this perspective: the bridge doesn't seem perpendicular to the stream, as it should be.
I know, Frank. It can easily be adjusted, but in this case the river may have shifted over time  ;)

Tangled-Universe

Hi Ulco,

Stewart from XFrog is interested in knowing which combination of plants you used here?

Since you're not on FB and others might be interested as well I thought I'd ask it in public rather than by PM. If you don't mind :)

Please let me know and I'll pass the message along :)

Cheers,
Martin