foam finished - sans gulls

Started by mhaze, January 30, 2013, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

The final render without the gulls use and abuse as you wish

zaxxon

Wow! Truly appreciate your generous post. The scene is excellent, and the thought of being able to use these techniques is somewhat daunting. So many learning curves so little time...

Martchi

Quote from: mhaze on January 30, 2013, 11:52:56 AM
The final render without the gulls use and abuse as you wish
Merci,
est-ce que ça fonctionne sur un terrain?
Marcello

mhaze

It's a relatively simple scene really the results came from lots of fiddling around with settings

choronr

Mick, thank you again. This is a marvelous foam concept.

schmeerlap

Thanks Mick. Will explore your file with mucho relish.
John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

masonspappy

Thank you. I'm really looking forward to playing with this. :)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

choronr

Hi Mick,

I'm really enjoying working with your .tgd file and hopefully being able to apply it to other scenes using different terrains.

I found that changing the size of the 'Simple shape shader' would encompass a much larger area enabling me to add the distant terrain. I want to play with the foreground outcroppings of rock for a different look including a sun repositioning. It is interesting how you've created splashing of waves creating mist by using localized clouds. Initially, I disabled the main cloud such that you could see the distant terrain. That reflectivity for the foreground rocks carries over to the distant terrain - I'm going to have to figure out how to eliminate the while maintaining the reflectivity on the foreground rocks.

Thanks again for your file. I've attached my .tgd displaying the initial progress.

Bob

Dune

Bob, taking reflectivity out of the distance is easy, just add 2 shaders, like here.

mhaze

Nice solution Dune - I'll remember that one!  I like what your doing with the tgd Choronr - looking forward to seeing a final result.

mhaze