Object Shadows...

Started by choronr, May 20, 2007, 03:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Hi Oshyan,

I ran the correction '5' with success. Thank you for resetting where it was needed. I will use this file as a reference for all future builds.

One question however; although the trees are too small in this instance to make any difference – but, how do you keep the trees from going up the vertical of the distant mesa? I expect it is adjustments to the altitude and slope constraints (I think this is how I got off the track in the first place). I would expect that minimizing each of these settings would keep the trees off of the vertical surfaces.

Another issue is the stark contrast of the tree foliage. I think this is an Xfrog problem – not one of the Terragen program. I've been adjusting the color somewhat in an effort to soften the effect of the trees looking as though they were stamped on the image.

In all, I am very happy with what you've done here. I will also be working with the '7' correction you have made. I'll keep you apprised of my progress. Thanks again Oshyan.

Bob 

Oshyan

You would use slope constraints in your distribution shader for the respective populations to control whether the trees and grass appear on steep slopes.

The high contrast of the trees is probably just due to the texture being used. You can adjust the texture outside of TG or put a color adjust shader in-between the Default Shader and the Multi-shader for the leaf textures in your object's internal network and try messing with the black and white point or gamma.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan, I'll experiment with these suggestions. The new PC will occupy most of my time over the next several days. As soon as I'm back in business, Terragen 2 will be my first objective.

Your support is first class ...thanks to all of you for what you have done for us.

Bob

Buzzzzz

Quote from: choronr on June 04, 2007, 02:21:56 AM
Thanks Oshyan, I'll experiment with these suggestions. The new PC will occupy most of my time over the next several days. As soon as I'm back in business, Terragen 2 will be my first objective.

Your support is first class ...thanks to all of you for what you have done for us.

Bob

Yep! First Class it is!