Imported Obj File Position Not Matching Original File Position/Relation To Cam.

Started by ragnoru, February 18, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragnoru

Hi Matt.

You were right the shutter offset of -.25 and motion blur length of .5 seems to give the best match.
(as far as frames rendered without motion blur)

When I turn on motion blur in the renderer the airplane becomes heavily blurred, the plane is linked to the camera and they are travelling at mach 2, the plane and the camera are locked together so I was expecting the clouds below to be heavily motion blurred and the airplane to be sharp.
I think this might be an all separate post regarding the order in which the 3d motion blur is applied..

Now I just need to be able to import the alembic file format inside terragen instead of the objs sequences (it takes me about 3 hours to export these geometries every time there is an animation change) and this job will become a piece of cake.

Thanks again for the help.
Aldo

TheBadger

Excuse me. I was just curious if when talking about alembic sequence is that a separate matter from the discussion on page one entirely? I mean, are you saying you would prefer to do an object sequence over the workflow that you are? OR you are doing an object sequence and you were just mentioning you would prefer alembic to .obj?

If you are doing object sequences in relation to the issue of the OP. I was curious why the talk about compositing... Or were you discussing "Render Elements"?

I am very interested in object sequencing in a TG workflow. But there is only a few topics in the forum right now. So Just asking about it while this thread is current.

Thanks.

It has been eaten.

Matt

Quote from: ragnoru on February 18, 2014, 09:05:29 PM
When I turn on motion blur in the renderer the airplane becomes heavily blurred, the plane is linked to the camera and they are travelling at mach 2, the plane and the camera are locked together so I was expecting the clouds below to be heavily motion blurred and the airplane to be sharp.
I think this might be an all separate post regarding the order in which the 3d motion blur is applied..

Now I just need to be able to import the alembic file format inside terragen instead of the objs sequences (it takes me about 3 hours to export these geometries every time there is an animation change) and this job will become a piece of cake.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. We don't have object motion blur yet (so all you get is camera blur from the camera moving past an object that's static in world space), but even if we could render object motion blur you wouldn't get blur from an OBJ sequence because there isn't any real motion in it.

We are thinking about Alembic in future.

Given the limitations on motion blur and time to export each new animation, is there some other way you could do this? You can setup render layers for different sets of clouds, and comp all the cloud layers together perfectly in Nuke (even if cloud layers intersect), so you might not need to use object holdouts in many cases.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

TheBadger

QuoteWe don't have object motion blur yet (so all you get is camera blur from the camera moving past an object that's static in world space), but even if we could render object motion blur you wouldn't get blur from an OBJ sequence because there isn't any real motion in it.

Ahh, ok, now i understand a bit better.
It has been eaten.

ragnoru

Alembic is really really quick to export and I would love to see it in Terragen.
I would love to see the ability to render a deep channel with exr2, it would make things a lot easier.

Thank you so much for your help.

Aldo Ruggiero