Resolution mismatch

Started by N-drju, March 31, 2014, 01:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Thank you very much for going through all that trouble for me. :) Given some free time I'll check out those options.

However, all this story made me think that perhaps it's time to start looking for another computer, probably next lap top instead of a family Mac computer. I hold some more grudges of other sort against Mac too... You see, just like I wrote above - old, slow(er) computer with Windows as a primary OS and only one core to work with is rendering more efficiently than that space-technology of Apple... ???

Anyhow, thanks again for your assistance!

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

Taking care of your 2.5 update request now (via support email box) and you'll have access to the native Mac version now too.

Btw, I wasn't saying that if you increased display resolution that the render view would not also increase to "100%", I was just saying it's not a solution, saving out your renders that way is just a bad idea. Better to resolve the underlying issue of why the Save button never appears. Hopefully the 2.5 version running natively under OS X will fix the problem. Be sure to let us know!

- Oshyan

N-drju

Thank you for this support Oshyan, I've just explored the link. As soon as I have some free time, I'll try to fix all this. Hopefully the tools you gave me will work just fine.

Have a nice weekend guys. :)

Oshyan,

Thank you for this update. I just upgraded the Mac demo version and I am now running TG2 from this OS. I guess I will not be able to determine how it works until the next render but I've made a test with populating objects and rendering at 1400x1050 and they all went fine. I really do appreciate how you and Jo handled this issue I (hopefully) had. :)

Once again - have a nice and renderous weekend!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

jo

Hi,

Make sure the Mac version is running in 64 bit mode. You can tell if it is because it says so in the System Information part of the splash screen. You can also check by doing a Get Info on the application in the Finder. In the General section of the Info window there is a check box labelled "Open in 32-bit mode". Make sure this is not checked.

Regards,

Jo

N-drju