Parkwood

Started by Dune, February 03, 2014, 04:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetwood

Wonderful - excellent job.

zaxxon

Congratulations to You and Dorian! A very nicely rendered animation, with beautiful content. It's all excellent, but I especially liked the water and the lighting.

Lady of the Lake

Awesome. Such talent.

bla bla 2

Good animation. :)  8)

choronr

An absolutely outstanding presentation of art and technical capabilities.

otakar

Yes! Very cool. That water is really mesmerizing :)

TheBadger

Quote from: otakar on April 14, 2014, 12:52:37 PM
Yes! Very cool. That water is really mesmerizing :)

Yeah! I thought so too.
But I thought when Ulco wrote what he wrote, that he was saying it was some kind of undesirable compromise. But I also thought it looked very good. In fact, I thought it looked perfect for calm waters. NO?

How would that water look from say, about 5-6 feet above? Any issues there?

Ulco, you said that you did it the way that you did for render time. So it was faster and required less ram? What are the disadvantages to doing it this way, if any? please elaborate on the topic.
It has been eaten.

Dune

I was under the impression (but I should test it more) that non-transparent water rendered faster than transparent. And I know that's a fact for turbulant water. I can't remember now what actual differences were, but I probably didn't choose doing it this way just for the fun of it. For water like this you wouldn't notice a difference between just a color variation plus reflection, or a calculated 'depth'. I only had to give the shallowest areas a color close to the dry ground, and deeper water a darker color.
And for this animation we wanted the absolute minimum in render time. For foliage and avoiding flicker it still needed to be really high, but transparent water might have (not sure) upped that even more. Well that's the story  ;) 

By the way, did you notice the train (upper left) and the cyclist (near the end, coming along on left path)? And the water lilies; procedural.

TheBadger

I saw the train right away. It really helped to create depth and interest by the fact that it was moving. I missed the biker though. Will have to look again.
The hawk would have been better if the wings flapped once or twice just as it came into the shot. But I know that would have been difficult to get done.
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Whoops! I did not saw that you posted the animation Ulco.
Looks very nice. Congrats :)
It is half HD.Is there a full HD version?

j meyer

Nice to see the final animation. 8)
Noticed the water lilies,but not that they are procedural.

Dune

There is a full HD version (800MB) but not on the web. Sorry.

otakar

Quote from: Dune on April 15, 2014, 01:52:54 AM

By the way, did you notice the train (upper left) and the cyclist (near the end, coming along on left path)? And the water lilies; procedural.

I missed both. I was too focused on the park and the cyclist I would never have seen had you not pointed out where he appears. I think it's the shadows that hide him from view (and the fact that he zooms past like a racer :) ).

Dune

Next time I will make these things more prominent. I would have liked to see the train better also.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on April 16, 2014, 01:29:04 AM
There is a full HD version (800MB) but not on the web. Sorry.

:)