Problems with obj imports

Started by Marty, October 02, 2014, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty

Every single import I do of an object is now just a blob of something: Did not have this problem some days ago (same obj files). Any idee? Picture tells what they end up looking like: This should be a tiger:

yossam

No clue..............and you say it imported correctly earlier?

Are there any alpha maps being used? The preview actually looks 2D......... :o

Did you use Poseray to save the model?

Marty

Tried poseray to. But the strange thing is that objects who worked fine some days ago also ends up like some 2D-something blub when importing today. I do not understand why.

Marty

After going back to some even older objects I have tried before I am thinking it is a bug with import obj in Terragen that for some reason is happening on my program.

yossam

What were the objs made in...........what software?  ???

Marty

All kinds. Last I tried to import an export from Blender. A sphere ended up like a little line. It must be a bug or something.

Kadri

I think you could share that scene with the basic sphere together here
as a zip file and others could have a look too what is going on Marty.

Dune

Sizes are the same in all directions? Not like 0.001/1/1?

Marty

I looked at it Dune: It may be something to it. It's all 1 1 1, but changing Z ( and Y with some) have no effect on the "blub" or line. The "bug" seem to make Z (and Y as in chase with sphere) flat but it do not change with new input numbers either. Here is a file with a basic sphere import Kadri: In wireframe mode it's just a short line on my side:

Kadri

The file opens strange.
There are no groups (it is greyed out)in the network view.
Have you changed anything related to that?
Does have anyone the same problem?

And you forget to upload the sphere Marty.
If it is a imported obj file you have to upload that too.
Put the tgd file and the obj file in a zip file and upload it ones again if you have time.

Marty

No I havnt changed anything: Just started a new scene and imported the sphere. If I load the scene the node view is normal, but I have experienced the blank node view a few times lately. Everyting was running perfect a week (or two) ago.

Marty

Wait I and I will upload the sphere with the tgd file.

Marty

Sphere E (gathered) w obj file.

fleetwood

The TGD looks corrupt, no node network present. As Kadri said, there are no valid groups, so there is no content in any groups, and there are no nodes of any kind in the node network.

Did you edit the Terragen Preferences about what file opens on startup of a new project ?  If not, I would think you should probably reinstall Terragen.

For a new project the attached tgd is what you should get by default.

The object itself looks ok, it imports and renders ok in the default TGD.

Kadri

As Fleedwood said there isn't a problem with the object but with the TGD.