May the force...............

Started by yossam, November 28, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Other then the X-wing and Millenium falcon scenes it looked nearly like a fan made film.
I hope the movie is better. It is only a teaser at least.

yossam

Those were the 2 best shots IMO..............like you, hope the movie is better.  ;D

TheBadger

Please don't nerd out by this question, but what are these next movies about anyway?
As to if the movies will be good, is it even possible that they could be worse than the last three?
It has been eaten.

zaxxon

The Star Wars franchise is in need of some real improvement. The progressive decline of the movies was hugely disappointing, and now I barely care. Based on these clips, I still don't care. We'll see.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: TheBadger on November 28, 2014, 12:47:21 PM
Please don't nerd out by this question, but what are these next movies about anyway?
As to if the movies will be good, is it even possible that they could be worse than the last three?

Don't "nerd out"?  Man, you are on the wrong forum...   ;)

As I understand it, George Lucas always envisioned there being nine movies in the franchise, as least as early as the mid-late '80's.  Although it seems between raising a family and no longer having the producers at Fox to temper his creativity, he lost of a bit of his mojo directing the last 3 prequels.  Wisely, he handed the reins to others who are hopefully more capable.  Considering what Abrams did with Star Trek, I have little hope he'll do better with Star Wars.

All that said, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was looking forward to seeing it.  The trailer is very undeveloped, as it should be, as they are still shooting the film.  It's actually impressive they have that much post-processing done.  On the other hand, thanks to Peter Jackson, I've learned not to let my hopes get too high.

yossam

The light saber bothers me........the hand guard could be very detrimental to the person wielding it.  ???

Kadri

Other then the two scenes i mentioned nothing made me feel "young" :)
The stupid rolling robot looked directly like a "made for kids" part.

yossam

Kadri............when you are my age there is very little that makes you feel young.  :P

PabloMack

Quote from: Kadri on November 28, 2014, 02:42:16 PMOther then the two scenes i mentioned nothing made me feel "young" :)The stupid rolling robot looked directly like a "made for kids" part.

In an interview, Lucas didn't call Star Wars a science fiction. He called it a fantasy. You could call it a science fantasy. I think he was right seeing these sorts of characters in his productions. With Disney in charge now, it will only get more cartoony.

AP

The fine environmental details with the ships made it believable. I hope the shots are not to wonky. My head may be broken by the time the movie is over with. The droid does not bother me as it depends how often that might be an occurrence. Star Wars had such moments with episodes 4,5 and 6. Lawrence Kasdan is involved and with what he did for Empire, I have hope but cautious hope.

TheBadger

but what are the new movies about. What is supposed to happen?
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: TheBadger on November 28, 2014, 10:13:15 PM
but what are the new movies about. What is supposed to happen?

Honestly, I don't know, and I don't want to.  And hopefully, they keep it a secret up until it's released.  Although, there was an entire series of books written for what events occur after the 6th movie.  I never read any of them, though.  However, as I understand it, these are not considered canon.  So, I think anything is possible, but I would assume it would be remnants of the defeated empire attempt to regain control again.