Iceland Contest Entry - Final

Started by Gannaingh, November 11, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

Some small updates: I've toyed with the colors of the rocks, added another population to the foreground grasses, added an initial grass population for the  mid-ground, and most importantly, remembered to turn on ray-traced objects. Thank you for all the kind words so far!

choronr

Very good! I've noted on some of the landscape views on the net that there are a lot of bright, yellow/green patches of moss; or, grasses of ground cover on the terrain.

Dune

Super image! Maybe (but you probably would have in the end) use soft reflections.

j meyer

Great shot!
I like the colors especially.

Luc

Very nice, in this iteration background is better nevertheless I prefered middle part of the previous iteration.. because without visible plants the sense of scale was better imho.

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

WAS

Quote from: darthvader1 on December 14, 2014, 12:09:13 PM
More updates! I've done some work with the WM flow mask for the erosion stones, but primarily have been focusing on the foreground shore. Sooner or later I'll get around to working on the mid-ground .

Wow that is amazing. Love the look of this. Very much a iceland look. Can't wait to see the background shore get it's foliage and stuff.

otakar

Great details there. You can sense that a lot of time has gone into this already.

gregtee

I love the mountain.  I love the lake.  I love the sky.  I love the palette.  What I don't love is the composition.  The mountain dominates the frame, and while it's awesome I feel like it's crowding out a lot of other potentially good parts of the image.   Every time I look at your render I wonder what this would look like if it breathed a little more.  I don't know if that means a wider lens or just pulling the camera back more.   

Just a thought.  Great work. 
Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

ADE

cracking render, I don't stand a chance :P

Gannaingh

After much trial and error, and a Christmas break, I've finally gotten some traction on the mid ground vegetation. Some of the plant populations are still too large, so I'll have to adjust some scaling issues. I've also included soft reflections on the water which makes for quite a nice improvement on the water surface. The noisy water was getting on my nerves so I'm glad to be rid of it. I also need to add something in the foreground, like an interesting rock or bush to spice up the "blandness" of the grass. Good thing there's still time left!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement on this project!

Oshyan

Better and better all the time. :)

- Oshyan

choronr

inkydigit

Near perfect... Loving the mood and the colours especially here!

DannyG

Surface and light are topshelf Jeff. Really coming along nicely
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes