Art Rocks Pack

Started by Upon Infinity, January 23, 2015, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

Hey all,

I'm setting up a hero and pop rock pack for NWDA.  I got some good designs but if anyone wants to see something else in there, I'm open to suggestions.  If you have an example or photograph of an example, I'll certainly take a look at it.

Upon Infinity

Broken.

Lady of the Lake

These are near where I used to live.  Played among them when I was a kid.
http://www.kansastravel.org/rockcity.htm

Upon Infinity

Thanks!  That gives me a couple of good ideas.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Lady of the Lake on January 24, 2015, 10:22:01 AM
These are near where I used to live.  Played among them when I was a kid.
http://www.kansastravel.org/rockcity.htm

I gave that 'shipwreck' one a solid effort.  I may touch it up later...

I'll try one of the spherical ones later.

Lady of the Lake

Oshyan

These all have good basic shape, but need finer details IMO. Crank up those geometry counts and turn those basic textures into displacement (in your modeling app, then export as real geometry). Alternatively, provide displacement maps with more detail to use in TG, but of course these will only show up as bump mapping with raytraced objects enabled.

- Oshyan

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Oshyan on January 26, 2015, 01:04:21 AM
These all have good basic shape, but need finer details IMO. Crank up those geometry counts and turn those basic textures into displacement (in your modeling app, then export as real geometry). Alternatively, provide displacement maps with more detail to use in TG, but of course these will only show up as bump mapping with raytraced objects enabled.

- Oshyan

I hear what you're saying, Oshyan.  I can definitely produce higher poly objects.  So far, I was already losing a lot of the detail of the model to the baking process.  So even with these models, good detail can still be produced from the displacement maps.  But I can certainly up the poly count for when RTO is on.

Upon Infinity

Of course, there's no replacement for displacement.   ;D

archonforest

Wow, looks pretty convincing. Are u selling this stuff via NWDA?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

Quote from: archonforest on January 29, 2015, 04:53:30 AM
Wow, looks pretty convincing. Are u selling this stuff via NWDA?

That's the plan.  I talked to Danny about it and he agreed but said I should get a bundle together instead of selling single objects.  He didn't elaborate on what a bundle actually is, so I've settled in my head I should have maybe 3 good hero objects and maybe 4 or 5 populatables (is that even a word?).

archonforest

I see. Okay.
LOL on "populatables " Very "descriptic" :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

The Incidental Hero?

choronr

Fine work there UI, I can visualize an upward/slope, winding hiking path lined with your rock models (large boulder sized) on either side.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: choronr on January 29, 2015, 05:24:10 PM
Fine work there UI, I can visualize an upward/slope, winding hiking path lined with your rock models (large boulder sized) on either side.

Thanks.  Maybe you'll make one...?   ;)

Dark.