TerraMareGen

Started by 3Dships, March 10, 2015, 07:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Dships

Hey guys,

After my initial quick mash-up of various default, forum & personal bits in the "Passing Rock of Gibraltar (WIP)" I've started again from scratch to put together a planet in which I can just place different landmark elevation data & 3D models. Now using default planet plus Ocean Sphere. I already found suitable "land" elevation data before but converted it more accurately & also merged it with (lower res) bathymetry data so I can use one heightfield to do land & seabed elevation in one go. Looks like the elevation puts the coastline about exactly where it should be but I had to increase displacement to get correct approximate heights & depths... I'm surprised one can do all these things in the trial version (georeferencing is not possible though) (-: Some things in the pipeline are:

-Adapt the planet colour shader to get different seabed colour.
-Work towards an ocean surface with adjustable sea state (white caps).
-Improve the ship wake (wave & foam) patterns.
-Figure out best way to make things as modular as possible

Regards, Hans

The passions are the winds that fill the ship's sails; although they sometimes cause its destruction it could not proceed without them. -Voltaire-

bobbystahr

Great progress...watching.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

3Dships

Hhmmm... a non-Terragen commission is getting in the way but still researching how to get those blue nodes working. I'm very exited about the results with TG so far for my 3Dships purposes & even more so about what I think could be possible with a bit of nodal coding.

Regards, Hans
The passions are the winds that fill the ship's sails; although they sometimes cause its destruction it could not proceed without them. -Voltaire-