Basic crowd sim possibility

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2015, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

The primary reason though is where i am at becomes rather hot. I would hate to destroy my computer before it's time with heat ware.

AP

I am not worried about it. Shoot, i am fascinated enough seeing what others are doing here with animation.

Kadri

:)

I am just making a new one. This time a little more abstract. There are so much more possibilities.

Hannes

Looks cool, Kadri! This feature of moving the whole population you discovered is really so useful. It has been there for a long time, but nobody seems to have noticed that. I always thought moving the population area would lead to chaotic instance behavior, but as we can see it can be used to create a lot of new interesting things. Some sort of a (very very simple) particle system.

And yes, the animation area seems to be quite rarely visited.

Kadri

Yes Hannes. There are limitations as you know :) but even now many things can be done.

Kadri

When i first tried it i had not much hope too and was surprised. I expected chaotic behavior too.

Kadri

"Pixels" movie came to my mind :)

Hannes

Funny! I did something similar (moved the populations with the torus)

j meyer

8)  ;D 
A population on the models(sequence)?
Great stuff,keep going!

Edit: Both are cool!

Hannes

As far as I can tell: yes, some populations (two from the sides, one above and one under the object) on one model (which is turned to invisible with cast shadows off).
No sequence.

Kadri

Same approach Hannes  ;D

Mine is obviously a object sequence.

I remember 1-2 years ago that i thought how to make a big moving spaceship army.
I feel now stupid how easy it actually is :)

Oshyan

You guys are blowing my mind! Awesome. :)

- Oshyan

Kadri

I will end this test phase with this silly one  ;D

It is made from 2 very...ahem...elaborate objects.

[attachimg=1]

No object sequence.
There are two population in the lower part and another two population over the first ones.
I wanted to see how two of the same populations over the other will act in this kind of case.
Looks like it could be made easily with a dozens more.