Beta 4-Render bucket artifacts

Started by yossam, July 18, 2016, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

I think there may be a bug that occurs when pausing renders, which allows it start caching GI based on what's in the preview, not the full render. So when you unpause it continues with modified GI. Obviously this is bad, and I need to fix this. However, I believe it only occurs if your preview is in non-RTP mode, because non-RTP mode can resume rendering while the main rendering is paused, whereas RTP mode doesn't do this yet.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

ajcgi

Quote from: Oshyan on July 19, 2016, 04:57:14 PM
Alex, the reflection shader doesn't handle softness that well across bucket boundaries. So if you have any softness, it requires very high numbers of samples to resolve well. The softness values are also extremely sensitive, you want to use very low point values in general.

- Oshyan

Cheers. Suspected as much.

yossam

Thanks for the info Matt. The preview was in non RTP mode, so for now leave it in RTP mode or don't pause your render. Correct?  :-\

FYI............the render with conservative acceleration finished without a problem.

Matt

Quote from: yossam on July 20, 2016, 10:40:30 AM
The preview was in non RTP mode, so for now leave it in RTP mode or don't pause your render. Correct?  :-\

Yup, or close the preview before pausing.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Thanks Matt. That's an important thing to know, especially in big renders.